autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cannot understand why i havent got ANY BUSINESS

You're letting rejection get to your head, and because of it you have stopped the most effective way to get business, door to door, face to face. When someone tells you no, think of it as: I am 1 no closer to a yes. Starting a business you need to make contacts, warm ones. Social media and cards on windows is as cold as can be and is something for many business owners to pretend like they are marketing. You are lying to yourself if you think cards on windows will work. Get your face in front of another face and KEEP DOING IT! Work on being personable/likable. Your customer MUST like you, to buy from you. When I first started, it was 10 people a day minimum that I was talking to. Letting them know that my business exists. Working only weekdays, I made around 200 contacts my first month. Don't let the rejection get to you. Keep your head up and smile. Your customers can sense your energy. When I worked in sales, we would get in the lows sometime, the ability to reset yourself and pump yourself back up will make a huge difference. Tell yourself out loud to snap out of your funk. Tell yourself "Snap out of it. I am better than this. Every one wants their car detailed by me, because I am the best damn detailer in town! The next person I talk to, is going to get their car detailed by me." Then go out and talk to some people. Psych yourself out bro. Talk yourself into things rather than out of things. There are only 2 things you can control, 1) your activity and your 2) attitude. Get in front of people as much as possible. And keep a positive and right attitude. I love watching an inspirational video clip to get me pumped up. (Wolf of Wall Street inspirational speech/Boiler Room/Glengarry Glen Ross)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQleT6BtCbE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lofNPLZvTOs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk

Hope this helps. Go gettem Tiger!

Post Thanks / Like

You''re doing the most common mistakes everyone else does when they start their business. We're in 2016, the whole going door-to-door, car-to-car is not the way to go about things.

This is all you need to focus on for the next 6-months: sales and marketing

More importantly, online marketing.

My number one focus in my business is to get ranked on the first page of Google. I am not worried about ANYTHING else besides that. I don't care about new products, how to detail better, updating my Facebook page, etc..

I have a full time job, so I must prioritize my energy and time.

Get this, I'm not even focused on actually booking customers right now for any services, yet, I get a several calls a day of people acquiring about my services. How awesome is that?

Because I have a strategy in place that's going to deliver amazing results for my business, even though I'm not actually booking any customers at the moment.

And in a few months, the calls are just going to keep on increasing and increasing. So when I finally decide to hire someone or do the details myself, I'm gong to have immediate traction and money coming in

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be pessimistic but you're trying to start a detailing company in an area that is already over saturated with other detailing companies. I live 1500 + miles away and I know a handful of top detailers that are in the Orlando area that are very well known, established and produce high quality work. Trying collaborating with a local shop of some sort, rent a bay somewhere. You need to get your foot in the door where someone is going to get you steady work and allow you to build. Going door to door is a waste of time, people are annoyed by it. Online advertising is good but it's hard when you're the new guy and other well established detailing shops are going to have more reviews, pictures, blogs, vids, etc. it's all about word of mouth and networking. Luckily I've been in a busy shop for a few years and a lot of our business comes from referrals. Just trying to be realistic, find someone to work with, a body shop, repair shop, after market performance shops dealership... Just somewhere you can get work and get more experience as well. Good luck man it's not an easy game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.ksdetailing.com
    Connect with us on Facebook & Instagram @ksdetailing

Post Thanks / Like

When I was detailing in Germany all of my business came from word of mouth. I am a member of the largest car club in Germany so that helped a ton. When people wanted a detail they knew where to find me. There were two other great detailers in the club and we networked to share the work. It would be really helpful to get in with some of the car clubs around you. Cars and Coffee is a great outlet. Set up a tent and do a free detail for the first person that asks you about your services and take your time and answer questions when people come by and ask them. It's all about getting your name and personality out there.
    https://www.facebook.com/newfinishPDLLC/
    Steve Infante, New Finish Columbia 803-553-1782
    Columbia, SC / IG:@newfinishcolumbia

Post Thanks / Like

Imo, this is terrible advice. Just because there is a "saturation" of competition (which trust me, there isn't), doesn't mean you can't/won't be successful. How many new chain restaurants, social media saas startups, and solopreuners and infoproducts are striving every year?

Even if there's 100 detailers in a 10 mile radius, only about 5 detailers are going to be worth anything. The other 95 are going to be those who don't take it serious, have minimal success, and are doing such a low volume, it's laughable.

Everyone is going to start somewhere. Just because someone has 15+ years more in business than you means absolutely nothing

Anyone can be successful with the right strategies in place. No matter where they are, how "saturated" the market is, or there level of experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in 4th largest city in the US and I only know of 2 reputable detailing shops, and thats after some googling.

I know of 2 mobiles (1 is apart of above shops) the other has a few clients on my street. How is it that in the 4th largest city I can only come up with 4 detailers, yet when you look at their websites, or try and call for appointments, they've got a TON of volume! One of them doesn't even advertise except for their Facebook page and Instagram account.

Advertising, word of mouth, and your services better be a bang for their value. From what I see, Florida is a very saturated market. I applaud you for jumping off the cliff, but theres the old addage of you have to crawl before you can walk. I might have started off part time, and gone full time only as a necessity.

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand your predicament but I have been there,

I started my own business in the late 70's and my main focus became the rental and leasing fleets.

There is a lot of work there if your willing to do things for a price and remember it is about the total amount called "Volume" at a low price that you will get doing work for them. Also they don't like to spend a lot of time because they don't have it so if your well equipped then you should have a price list and kind of a grocery list as to what to offer them. I did and also because I worked them and saw other things that I could do like offering them interior cleaning which became one of the best profit margins due to the time and chemical you had in them I could do several and thus keeping their fleets looking like new.

In all I ended up going to work for one which was a great opportunity as the company grew so did the work volume but now because we did it all in house the quality was there and we did 100 cleaned and detailed hand waxed vehicles a week just for their sales operation . . . . In all you should be looking at dealers whom do not have much of a clean-up department and rental/leasing fleets. Also have you ever considered doing airplanes? and boats? We did them as the company grew into a multifaceted organization and used boats can take a lot of time but when done correctly can make you good money and there are not too many that did them. The airplanes? well also time consuming but good profit as again there are not many who do them. . . .

Just take a look into these and include them in your cleaning or detailing offerings. . . .

Good luck to you . . . . .

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We a have a true rag tag crappy mobile setup that hits my workplace once a week. Pressure washed, dirty rags, dry with dirty towels, tires slopped with god awful tire dressing. I bet he does 15 cars each time he is here for $25 a piece. He has two helpers with him not sure what he is making but he is busy and the cars are clean but a swirled out mess, I just laugh inside at his customers.

I gave him hell one day because the wind was blowing his pressure wash stream all over my perfect black paint.

Sad to see you struggle trying to offer quality work, you have to get lined up on these type of gigs.

SPAMMER
    Post Thanks / Like

Internet are great resources to learn the things you are interested in, to market your products, and to connect with the same minded people..I personally use Earn Honey . Here you can also earn money by playing games or taking surveys or watching videos ...

Post Thanks / Like

It takes time to build a business. I spent about 3 years detailing part time before I quit my day job. Those 3 years I basically spent learning to be a better detailer and I put all of my detailing profit into building my arsenal of tools, slowly starting to buy chemicals in bulk, and buying a van with all the equipment needed for mobile work. I made it a full time gig when I picked up my first dealer account. They called me out of the blue with a promise of 15-20 cars a month, even through the winter, all Audi/BMW/Benz. I made 100k my first year officially full-time in business. Sometimes I worked 7 days a week, 14 hour days but it didn't matter... it didn't even feel like work because I love it so much. If you have the passion, do quality work every time, and have systems in place to pull customers to you (website, google maps listing, FB page, etc.) eventually things will work out as planned.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast