autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I stored mine in an unheated/uncooled garage for around 5 years and when I got it back out, as soon as I warmed up the wax to application temperature, it was good to go. I wouldn't recommend this practice, I just forgot about it while I was in the "Flavor of The Month Club."

A little note about applying thin ... about 4 pea sized drops will do the entire hood or roof or two side panels (with the PC). It goes on SO thin that I have to watch very closely where I move the buffer, at some angles, it's the only way to tell if I've applied wax in that area, by visually seeing the buffer pass over every square inch, sometime going over a single panel more than once. Because of this I always apply two coats, to make sure I've covered everywhere.
    Well, I'll only be gone for about 2 weeks, and I live in the Midwest so it's not that hot.

Also, I know you only do 4 pea sized drops. Do you still need to prime the pad or is that still just 4 drops on a fresh pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
    Can I use this on black trim as well or do I need to tape off the trim?

Tom

Once I found 845, I quit all other trim sealants. 845 is all I'll use. I use it on all black plastic trim on my Silverado.

It's a wipe on/wipe off product for trim. I don't let it dry or haze and it looks awesome.

Oh, rubber too. Around windows, windshield etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Well, I'll only be gone for about 2 weeks, and I live in the Midwest so it's not that hot.

Also, I know you only do 4 pea sized drops. Do you still need to prime the pad or is that still just 4 drops on a fresh pad?
    Instead of priming the pad, I typically give mine a shot of QD spray just to make it a little damp. I then apply the four drops and go to work.

As you move along, the pad will become a little saturated and you will steadily use fewer drops as you go. On my smaller cars, I've occasionally finished the last panels without applying any new product.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Instead of priming the pad, I typically give mine a shot of QD spray just to make it a little damp. I then apply the four drops and go to work.

As you move along, the pad will become a little saturated and you will steadily use fewer drops as you go. On my smaller cars, I've occasionally finished the last panels without applying any new product.
    I sometimes use one very light spritz of QD when I first start, but most often I don't, I put 4 drops of 845 on the pad, place the pad on the car and turn it on. Let it rub around in a small circle for a second to spread the wax on the pad, then start applying as normal. Like I said, the only issue I've had is not being able to see the wax on the car except at extreme angles (think contortionist) and even then sometimes I still can't see it, but you can tell it was there when buffing it off as the paint suddenly gets slipperier.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah okay.

I'll just do 845 then! I'm guessing for the first panel I shouldn't do the kissing the panel method right? So the product gets spread on the pad first.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the opinion on using 845 without first using a paint cleaner? Say I just iron x, clay, and then apply 845. Could this be a good offering to customers or would they be missing out on the full benefits of squeaky clean paint? I've been using a paint cleaner and have had great results, but wondering how 845 would do without the paint cleaner?
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Post Thanks / Like

I've used 845 on several cars with just a thorough wash and wax. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that quick response. Yeah I love the stuff, but I've always used some type of cleaner or polish before application.
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have just about finished my #476s paste wax and am keen to try the #845 thanks for the write up. Especially the transforming method from chunky to liquid and then putting it in a user friendly bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures of 845 on a dark red 2014 Ford Fusion:

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast