autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Specialty Stain Removal

I'd like to hear how everybody goes about removing specialty stains like, red stains, old stubborn coffee stains, dye, mustard, ink etc.

I use a combination of steam, extraction, apc and or folex to remove 99% of stains. I'm referring to the stains that normal methods can not remove.

I've had good success with removing small isolated red stains with ammonia and the heat transfer method (iron over a cotton towel). this is a very slow process, but it works.

I will be switching to a new product called red relief, soon (Unless you guys think there is a better option). I have a friend in the carpet cleaning business who uses this with great success.

I ran accross a vehicle last week that had a red stain in the carpet the size of a dinner plate. I was able to significantly lighten small portions of it uses my current method, but it was far too time consuming. The customer didn't expect it to come out, so no big deal.

I'd love to start removing these types of stains and make more money doing so.

I'm hoping to get lots of ideas and see how everybody goes about removing bad stains. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Specialty Stain Removal

Come on now. I know you guys have some tricks up your sleeves.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the methods that you mention above. I also use a 2 part product called Red Zone that works well on both red and mustard stains. If it's a fresh stain Red Zone usually gets it right out without using steam. The ones that have been in the carpets and or seat fabric for a long time usually need steam as well as the red food dye remover. Some stains simply can't be removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Identifying (if you can) the kind of stain helps with the strategy to remove it. Some work well with enzyme stain removers, others with red-specific, etc. A good all-around stain remover which is available by the gallon at Home Depot is Krud Kutter. If you use that in conjunction with steam, it is a powerful weapon against stains.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides what's been posted here: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...7-carpets.html

This:

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I have a stain kit.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I may go with some sort of kit like the ones pictured. Where do I go about buying a kit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post
    I may go with some sort of kit like the ones pictured. Where do I go about buying a kit?
    If you want to...You can call one (or more) of these NO's...

Or...Perhaps visit one of your local janitorial/carpet-cleaning supply houses.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To remove coffee stains first get some wet some paper towels or a piece of cotton cloth with cold water.Run the shirt under cold water from the back.Take a pretreatment laundry stain remover, and apply it directly to the stained area by rubbing it in gently.Now rinse the shirt thoroughly with cold water .After that allow the shirt to air dry.Use can also use egg yolk,rubbing alcohol,vinegar or baking soda for stain removal.For more stain removal tips log on to: http://www.mollymaid.co.uk/posts/201...of-stains.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Dude...this post is over a year old. I've purchased a stain kit and have honed my skills far beyond egg yolks and vinegar. What's the deal? Perhaps you have good intentions, but this looks a little spammy...just sayin.
    Jeremy Wayne