autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Year Long 3401 Production Review & Rotary Finish Compairson

In that light and at that angle the quarter looks a little better to me. Could of course be an optical illusion.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to resurrect this old thread but I have been using the Flex for about a year now, and I need to post more detailed information . Fortunately for me and unfortunately for the form our shop is been undergoing construction and I have not had much time to update or give any new information. A quick synopsis of my observations over the past year as far as rotary versus the Flex I can not honestly say that the Flex is any better as far as cutting, and eliminating swirl marks from freshly painted surfaces or fully cured paint. At some point hopefully in the very near future I will start uploading new pictures with my new camera to show detailed comparisons now that I have used the Flex long enough to be very used to its characteristics. As far as final results go at the end of buffing whether I'm using 3M or Menzerna products I am just experiencing a different kind of swirl mark or "Holograms". That being said, the only thing I have found to completely eliminate the very finite imperfections I am reversing to is a nice coat of wax or sealer. I should be updating with pictures in the next two months.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you tried "the beast" guess it's time to try "the finisher"..
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Well you tried "the beast" guess it's time to try "the finisher"..
    Rupes?

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic a little.I was given the opportunity to buy a existing reputable detail firm that's has been serving the surrounding area towns by me.I said I'm interested but need free 30 calls leads to see your customer base.Got 15 calls within a month,out of those 15 calls only one job was profitable.3 of the calls I never showed up they wanted 1940 prices.A customer called me she had a 2010 lexis is.She would call me everyweek to make sure I was coming out.I don't discuss prices over the phone and she didn't ask.I get there at 9:00 am yesterday.The car was charcoal grey and was weathered and the whole interior was covered in spray on tanning spray from seats to headliner.As I get out of my van I observed my challenge and have a number in my head before ringing the bell.I'm at 320.00 for a good production detail.She comes out and wants to pay 130.00 then she bumps it up to 160.00.As I was mad and since I was there I said fine.pulled out the old rotary and felt good,used bf total seal and polish on a green SONAX pad and cleaned the interior first as I didn't want seat cleaner over spray all over the detailed paint.5 minutes to clean all the seats only.Wash and clay ed the whole car and began buffing with the rotary,I skimmed thru the whole exterior in 40 minutes and felt really good the rotary saves and shaves so much time off a detail .3 hrs done and was profitable. Called guy back and said no thanks for your client base.Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to ,to remain profitable.Did I feel good using a rotary yes and no.But I wasn't gonna stand on a panel one at a time eating away time for 160.00.spray wax wasn't gonna cut it tried that.Sometimes you have to do what's gonna make you money.Last rat car I will ever do for 160.00.She was very happy and that's what matters.She asked me for some cards for her friends and I told her I ran out and took off.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way if you have not tried Brite max interior cleaner it's a must have.I have no shame bashing products that claim to be the best as we spend our money on stuff that claims to work great. Great stuff and it's cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    By the way if you have not tried Brite max interior cleaner it's a must have.I have no shame bashing products that claim to be the best as we spend our money on stuff that claims to work great. Great stuff and it's cheap.
    Just for comparison sake, you've tried Megs APC right? Is it that much better? How is it different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

7PaintGuns, no worries brotha! Your initial posts were incredibally valuable and complete in description with regard to all conditions (paint, machines, products used, specific number of passes and machine speeds...damn, even the time of year and lighting conditions!). Can't ask for anything better! Thank you.

In my opinion, the best appeal of the Flex is that many might have been looking for something "stronger" to correct but still like the idea of dual action remaining somewhat safer...i.e. keeping a good distance away from imminent burn through a rotary sometimes flirts with. That and the lower probability of leaving holograms. I still finish some jobs ... SOME jobs...completely with my rotary machine however admit to using my Flex most of the time. I can still cut severely damaged paint faster and more effective with my rotary. I also enjoy finish polishing and jewelling gloss with a feather touch on the rotary. And even some jobs get a rotary cut and a Flex polish. It's nice to be comfortable wih both machines.

I would love to see more of your work, my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7PaintGuns View Post
    Rupes?
    No it's the flex xfe7

The BEAST and the FINISHER! The New Official FLEX Tool Names!

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123