autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aerospace 303

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

aerospace 303

Thanks for suggesting this produce it work great on faded plastic but I am not sure about leather interior how do y'all feel about using aerospace 303 on leather

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as its not an un-coated leather like Ford King Ranch leather, you will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: aerospace 303

IMO, any surface safe to be exposed to moisture is safe for 303. With the caveat that surfaces not safe to be slick should not be coated with any protectant that leaves a slick finish, however, water will usually create slippery surface regardless of the protectant used. So use caution when using 303 on steps, floor mats, tires, and seats that you don't want to slide around on(like motorcycle seats).
    As far as possible damage occurring, I don't think 303 will damage leather unless it is like suede, and even then IMO, it shouldn't damage it unless you did more than mist the surface; possible darkening would occur, but I don't think damage to the effect of degrading the material would take place.
    But, with anything, test a small out-of-sight area before using any product on the whole vehicle.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

it can be used on coated leather, but I still prefer something like Leathermasters.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiar's vinyl Protectan no. 40 / Is pretty much like 303. Less UV. Protection. But at least for Leather interior. I had much better results with this Product.
    It has also a New Leather type / fragance. less oily / not to shinny like 303.
    I know leather master is a Top / brand. And way more expensive. you can save 50% by using Meguiar's / belive me Great results with this one.

A much better service, if you steam clean before those leather seats. you will have a much better finish at the end!!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your input. The last thing I want to do is slid accross the seat when turning a corner. I think I will try to find some leathermaster thanks again for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

we give tips / at the end you decide what to do!!!
    Belive me when I say, Meguiar's no.40
    Works great. is because it does!!! have use Leathermaster, yes they have tons of quallity / but in thi scase I stay with Meguiar's / know a days you have to save some bucks. Meguiar's brand is not like going really low quallity .

try some when you can. to a friends car. remember to wipe the excess at the end. don't really need to use a lot.
    then let me know how is it?

I use it on all my good details!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aerospace 303-676a0229-jpg   aerospace 303-676a0233-jpg   aerospace 303-676a0230-jpg   aerospace 303-023-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

i use 303 on leather for 2 years now , i like it .
    u do have to wipe even on some leathers , if not light strikes will be visible , play with 303 and you will see what i mean.
    i have meg 40 , but never use it on leather , i may give it a try one day.
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love 303 aero, definitely my top choice for interior dressing

Looks great on leather with no ill effects in my experience. It specifically says its safe for leather, so I trust in that

on a side note, there are some leather conditioners on the market which claim to add some UV protection (maybe not as strong as 303 however). Chemical guys leather conditioner comes to mind.
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc. - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

The best Process before adding your dressing of choice, I haved to say [ Steam ] Even on Luxury Cars / It might look fine, But once working with the steam, And then applying the dressing. Sure makes a lot of difference!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast