autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: California Car Duster

Thanks Meghan. Thats a bummer...the plastic handles aren't as nice. Now I know to post and PM a link to Meghan.

And Rsurfer

Post Thanks / Like

Not to change the subject but can you clean these things? I use the small ones for our Harleys and they get nasty pretty quick. I've read some where never to clean them but I dont have a clue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Thanks Meghan. Thats a bummer...the plastic handles aren't as nice. Now I know to post and PM a link to Meghan.

And Rsurfer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dietdewboy View Post
    Not to change the subject but can you clean these things? I use the small ones for our Harleys and they get nasty pretty quick. I've read some where never to clean them but I dont have a clue.
    I have heard of people using Woolite but never tried it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dietdewboy View Post
    you're supposed to clean them with woolite. The thing gets really nasty with grease and oil. i rinse it with just water. Then leave it in a 5 gallon bucket with a mix of 2 caps of woolite for a day. The rinse and let air dry for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

My last one (wood handle) lasted over a year without cleaning. My new one (plastic handle) streaks like mad. Is this a change in the manufacturing process or is something that the woolite cleaning might help.

I tried leaving it sitting on news paper over night (I read that might help), but it still leaves terrible streaks on black paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prisonerofcs View Post
    My last one (wood handle) lasted over a year without cleaning. My new one (plastic handle) streaks like mad. Is this a change in the manufacturing process or is something that the woolite cleaning might help.

I tried leaving it sitting on news paper over night (I read that might help), but it still leaves terrible streaks on black paint.
    It may take longer to soak the excess wax..leave it on the newspaper for a few days. You may still get a few streaks (especially on black paint) until broken in. Then again maybe the new plastic handle version will streak no matter what you do...dunno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It may take longer to soak the excess wax..leave it on the newspaper for a few days. You may still get a few streaks (especially on black paint) until broken in. Then again maybe the new plastic handle version will streak no matter what you do...dunno.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've actually had it for about 4 months. I haven't used it in the past month because I got so frustrated with it.

I think the plastic ones ship with way more lubricant/wax than the old ones did. I actually prefer to have plastic handle, but I wish I had my old one back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prisonerofcs View Post

Once it gets dirtier, it won't streak as much. Also make sure you are applying no pressure and just letting it glide over the paint.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12