autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready - Episode 3

I'm thrilled everyone is watching the show.

No comments about my cameo in each episode?

It takes many components to create a successful show, and we appreciate everyone's input. If we made the show any longer than 30 minutes then nobody would come to our site, the forum or Mike's classes!

Joking aside, the length of the show, featured content, what's highlighted, etc is a balance, one that is nearly impossible for everyone to agree is "perfect."

As with every other aspect of our business, we sincerely appreciate and value your feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

It takes many components to create a successful show, and we appreciate everyone's input. If we made the show any longer than 30 minutes then nobody would come to our site, the forum or Mike's classes!

Joking aside, the length of the show, featured content, what's highlighted, etc is a balance, one that is nearly impossible for everyone to agree is "perfect."

As with every other aspect of our business, we sincerely appreciate and value your feedback.
    I disagree about a short show results in maximum traffic to websites. The short, fluffy episodes don't really explain what any of the products do or what their purpose is. We got a short clay bar demo, but that was it. I don't think if I wasn't into detailing that I would've watched the show after the first or second episode, and would've never checked out the store or forum because the actual detailing showcase part of the show seems like a joke in the sense that all you really get is a dirty, nasty car at the beginning, and an amazing looking car at the end. I understand that nothing will satisfy everyone, and don't think a very technical show is a good idea, but add some "meat" and cut the crap/fluff out. Make it exciting for people to want to get out and make their cars shiny the right way, don't just show a fluffy, dramatic 22 minute show with Bob, AJ, and the other stuff that doesn't add anything to the viewers enjoyment and education taking up most of that time.
    And Nick, why are you and that other guy(his name is escaping me at this moment)part of the "expert team" at the beginning, but aren't working on the cars? I don't understand what that adds...
    Not trying to rude as I truly do want the show to succeed! I'd love to have a good quality TV show about proper car detailing, but right now, it's just not there. Even from the perspective of my dad who is not a 'geek, he agrees with my expressed views on the show. It just seems so empty...
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy21 View Post
    Wish they didn't skip so much, and mentioned how much the car went for. I enjoyed it, but unless it gets more about the meat of detailing and less about "hurry, hurry, hurry, we are almost out of time!" I don't think it will last more than this season unfortunately
    I totally agree with you 100%

You have 30 minutes less commercial time and it was like how we have 4 hours to do the car to get it ready. It did very little to educate us about the detailing processes of actual products usage. My wife tolerates my passion, but she even said if they are in such a rush why don't they get down to business. So, for me personally on a 1-10 this was about a 4.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I totally agree with you 100%

You have 30 minutes less commercial time and it was like how we have 4 hours to do the car to get it ready. It did very little to educate us about the detailing processes of actual products usage. So, for me personally on a 1-10 this was about a 4.
    I think actual showcasing of what products do what is needed for those who aren't detailing nerds to be pulled in to our world. Their interest can be piqued, but not if there's nothing there to do that. I'm a very curious person, but if I wasn't already into detailing I probably wouldn't even have checked AG out
    And on a scale of 1-Top Gear(the golden years), I'd give it about a 4 as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy21 View Post
    I think actual showcasing of what products do what is needed for those who aren't detailing nerds to be pulled in to our world. Their interest can be piqued, but not if there's nothing there to do that. I'm a very curious person, but if I wasn't already into detailing I probably wouldn't even have checked AG out
    And on a scale of 1-Top Gear(the golden years), I'd give it about a 4 as well
    Yup, because the average car guy isn't going to pick up a Flex 3401 and start whacking on their paint.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yup, because the average car guy isn't going to pick up a Flex 3401 and start whacking on their paint.
    Only 3 episodes in, be patient, those particular episodes had particular sponsors, you got to pay to play, in many of the other episodes such as the one im on.

We feature the porter cable, every episode has different sponsors and different showcases.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

Nick, its so good to see You, Bob, Mike on the show my face smiles everytime , Congratulations its so awesome to see what you guys do and get appreciated and noticed for it that is an amazing blessing!

Everytime Bob comes out to the showcar garage and you guys are messing around my face lights up so happy for autogeek and pbmg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Only 3 episodes in, be patient, those particular episodes had particular sponsors, you got to pay to play, in many of the other episodes such as the one im on.

We feature the porter cable, every episode has different sponsors and different showcases.
    But those first few are the most important. It's darn hard to recover from a bad first impression...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post

Joe one thing sponsors aren't of shows looking for ratings, that's patience LOL hhehehe

That was merely an example since that's what was being used in the particular episode, or a PC or Rupes or GG6 etc. And god forbid a newb pick up a PE-8 OMG. Like for me, I hate my PE-8, it would have been nice to know what speed Mike was running it at on the thin areas he was working on. I could kind of tell by the sound of the machine it was at low speed, maybe 1-2? I'm looking for a blend that would bring the general car community to an understanding of what detailing really entails. When I was at that Pinehurst Concours show last weekend I followed the judges around for a few cars, not one of them inspected the paint other than than a walk around. They were more interested in if the blinkers and wipers worked. And their were some big dollar classics at the show.

Not one had a swirl light LOL

Big time classic Ferrari:

Classic Porsche:

2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

The show is just OK for me. I was hoping for a bit more how-to, like the other car related shows. The same "dirty now, sparkling later" will wear off if it has not done so already. I want it to do well, but it seems to me to be more of a 30 minute advertisement. It would not hurt to throw in thoughts on why you selected a particular pad or chemical.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast