autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Digging My New Wheel Brush

I've never been really happy with the selection of brushes for cleaning wheels. The traditional OTC small brushes are too coarse for a cared-for wheel, the lambswool-on-a-stick is usually too soft and doesn't last, the E-Z Detail/Daytona brushes splatter too much and aren't really that good for the exposed portion of the wheel IMO anyway.

So I was somewhere, Wal-Mart or Pep Boys I think, and I saw a wheel brush that was a squared-off sponge covered with microfiber terry, and it was only a few bucks so I thought I would give it a try. Finally got to use it recently, and I like it a lot! It holds some soap, and it looks like it's going to hold up well. I have to admit that I also am partial to MF-covered sponges for car washing, so I may be biased.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Digging My New Wheel Brush

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I've never been really happy with the selection of brushes for cleaning wheels. The traditional OTC small brushes are too coarse for a cared-for wheel, the lambswool-on-a-stick is usually too soft and doesn't last, the E-Z Detail/Daytona brushes splatter too much and aren't really that good for the exposed portion of the wheel IMO anyway.

So I was somewhere, Wal-Mart or Pep Boys I think, and I saw a wheel brush that was a squared-off sponge covered with microfiber terry, and it was only a few bucks so I thought I would give it a try. Finally got to use it recently, and I like it a lot! It holds some soap, and it looks like it's going to hold up well. I have to admit that I also am partial to MF-covered sponges for car washing, so I may be biased.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Alright already, when it dries!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been extremely pleased with my Boar's Hair Wheel Brush. It's soft, yet cleans well, and it gets the crevices nicely at the same time. It makes all the difference. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Alright already, when it dries!
    You are just teasing us without the pic's,you would want to see too

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthornone View Post
    I have been extremely pleased with my Boar's Hair Wheel Brush. It's soft, yet cleans well, and it gets the crevices nicely at the same time. It makes all the difference. I can't recommend it highly enough.
    I have the boar's hair wheel brush as well,it does work good.But sometimes it's not good enough to get into wheels with smaller confined spaces.It's always good to see what else is out there
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImpressiveImageDetailing View Post

I have the boar's hair wheel brush as well,it does work good.But sometimes it's not good enough to get into wheels with smaller confined spaces.It's always good to see what else is out there
    That's true. I use the brush for the first wash, and then I might use a dedicated microfiber mitt or the Wolfgang finger pockets for the second wash. I have also started using the Daytona recently, for the back only.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to one two punch my wheels. Hit the faces with a boars hair 8in brush I got from Griot's and the barrels with the daytona. It may splatter but if you stand the the side of the wheel and pull/push parallel to your chest the only thing that will get any spatter on it is your hands or forearm. In my experience that part of my body will get some what dirty detailing a car anyways so it's acceptable.
    Jeff C.

Post Thanks / Like

i've used the same wheel brush... the squard one with microfiber outside..one from pepboys. worked well... but fell apart rather quickly....

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I was thinking the excact same thing as I was ready this guys post. Then I scroll down a bit and see you nailed it.

I have the Mother's Wheel brush and it works great. I have chrome wheels with many crevices and with some wheel cleaner it gets the job done FAST>

Quote Originally Posted by ImpressiveImageDetailing View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I should say that I use a number of brushes on wheels for different surfaces, and of course different wheels have different types of surfaces which require different approaches.

So, I use a tire brush on the tire, currently a Meg's wheel face brush on the face and to get in the lip, and a few different things to get in to the barrel, depending. But what I'm referring to in my OP is something to use on the spokes (this looks a little ratty because it's still wet from use):

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast