autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Steamer

Post Thanks / Like

New Steamer

Okay, I've been doing vehicles now every weekend since July, my Steamer which is/was a Reliable T630 stopped working and when I turned it over, I could see where the wiring got really hot and melted bottom of the unit housing. I was considering getting it up and replacing the wiring, but wondered what made it get so hot in the first place... Today I bit the bullet and ordered a new VX5000. Anyone else have one? Any tips or recommendations good or bad? I hope it was worth what I paid for and and holds up to consistant use...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Steamer

Tom I do not own one (YET) but I have used one and you will not be dissappointed!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like
    The VX 5000 is a great machine. If it is like mine and several others, it will not produce the pressure advertised. There are instructions on this forum (or Steve will give them to you) to crank the pressure up. It is so easy, a lawyer can do it. You will love this machine. Great decision IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

The VX5000 is top-notch from what I hear

How much would you sell me your old one for?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Flash, going to send you a pm...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed using mine....I need to find the post on how to crank up the steam, not that it doesn't have enough already, but isn't more always better!!!
    My name is Jeff and I like to make things SHINE!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Weed View Post
    Hey Flash, going to send you a pm...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Got it!!!

Thanks Tom
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cutter View Post
    I've enjoyed using mine....I need to find the post on how to crank up the steam, not that it doesn't have enough already, but isn't more always better!!!

Jeff

Let me save you the trouble

To increase pressure on VX 5000 vapor steamer, turn screw with small flat head screw driver, 1/2 round clockwise equals 1 pressure bar.

directions: unplug unit, release any pressure.
    1. Place unit on table facing yourselt and remove big black fill cap on top.
    2. Lower or remove the center black rubber gasket that exposes the 4 screws, and remove screws with small phillips screw driver. Note, there are little small nuts on screws, put your finger on nut while screwing, will loosen screws.
    3. Lift top case up and fold back, just like folding a lid back. Note, the case has sharp edges on it, don't cut finger when separating the case.
    4. There is a T fitting screwed into right side of tank that has a white switch built onto it, look for hex nut at end of this switch and inside the hex is the screw that you turn clockwise to increase pressure.
    5. Reverse instruction and plug up and turn boiler button on and check your pressure.

It was a very simple adjustment. If your steamer is like mine was, reading 3 1/2 bars then 1/2 turn clockwise will bring it up to abour 5 bars. I was told never to adjust where unit runs in red, that would be about 7 bars I think. Also 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 is acceptable but not to go over 5 1/2 bars.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Jeff

Let me save you the trouble

To increase pressure on VX 5000 vapor steamer, turn screw with small flat head screw driver, 1/2 round clockwise equals 1 pressure bar.

directions: unplug unit, release any pressure.
    1. Place unit on table facing yourselt and remove big black fill cap on top.
    2. Lower or remove the center black rubber gasket that exposes the 4 screws, and remove screws with small phillips screw driver. Note, there are little small nuts on screws, put your finger on nut while screwing, will loosen screws.
    3. Lift top case up and fold back, just like folding a lid back. Note, the case has sharp edges on it, don't cut finger when separating the case.
    4. There is a T fitting screwed into right side of tank that has a white switch built onto it, look for hex nut at end of this switch and inside the hex is the screw that you turn clockwise to increase pressure.
    5. Reverse instruction and plug up and turn boiler button on and check your pressure.

It was a very simple adjustment. If your steamer is like mine was, reading 3 1/2 bars then 1/2 turn clockwise will bring it up to abour 5 bars. I was told never to adjust where unit runs in red, that would be about 7 bars I think. Also 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 is acceptable but not to go over 5 1/2 bars.
    Robert
    Quality post!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast