autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Steamer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Steamer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Weed View Post
    Okay, I've been doing vehicles now every weekend since July, my Steamer which is/was a Reliable T630 stopped working and when I turned it over, I could see where the wiring got really hot and melted bottom of the unit housing. I was considering getting it up and replacing the wiring, but wondered what made it get so hot in the first place... Today I bit the bullet and ordered a new VX5000. Anyone else have one? Any tips or recommendations good or bad? I hope it was worth what I paid for and and holds up to consistant use...
    If I were I guessing guy I would say it overheated. Why? Minerals and calcium built up inside so when it calls for heat it is very hard to make steam through insulation (mineral build up)
    They will go bad just like your normal coffee makers and same principal will apply on your household hot water tank. Just my 2 cents worth.Get some Lime Away from Lowes or walmart put in the tank and leave it sit overnight. Drain and rinse and shuld be OK.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a vx5000 for about 6 months now. using it at the stock psi settings. very happy with the unit and I find it's a lifesaver sometimes

many uses around the house also. thats how i got familiar with it. playing around the home.

it does not quite do as good a job on carpets as an extractor would. but it does so much else I feel its a necessity now on jobs. and for light soiling, the steamer + upholestry cleaner does a pretty damn good job

may want to check out the renny doyle video using the vx. it's kinda pricey ($50 i think?) but it gave me confidence to blast steam in areas I otherwise wouldn't have. shows you a variety of good techniques also

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, the VX5000 showed up yesterday and after watching the video that came with it, I fired it up, it came up to 4 bars... I couldn't resist the urge to crack it open and turn the pressure screw one half turn, put it back together, refilled it and fired it up again, came up to 5 bars. Will leave it as is, thank you very much for that post Robert!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gurge View Post
    I have a vx5000 for about 6 months now. using it at the stock psi settings. very happy with the unit and I find it's a lifesaver sometimes

many uses around the house also. thats how i got familiar with it. playing around the home.

it does not quite do as good a job on carpets as an extractor would. but it does so much else I feel its a necessity now on jobs. and for light soiling, the steamer + upholestry cleaner does a pretty damn good job

may want to check out the renny doyle video using the vx. it's kinda pricey ($50 i think?) but it gave me confidence to blast steam in areas I otherwise wouldn't have. shows you a variety of good techniques also
    I bought Renny's video and it contains a lot of good information on how to use the VX 5000. If you're not familiar with using a steamer in detaining interiors as I am (I'm just starting my detailing business), pull the trigger and get the video. I've watched it 3 times so far and I've learned something with each viewing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Weed View Post
    Thanks everyone, the VX5000 showed up yesterday and after watching the video that came with it, I fired it up, it came up to 4 bars... I couldn't resist the urge to crack it open and turn the pressure screw one half turn, put it back together, refilled it and fired it up again, came up to 5 bars. Will leave it as is, thank you very much for that post Robert!
    Glad I could give back for all the help I receive from you guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12