autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Still looking for the right wheel brush

So I recently took the plunge and replaced my old wheel brushes with the Wheel Woolies. I used them this weekend and love them! Unfortunately, the smallest one is still not small enough to get between my wheel and caliper on the front wheels. Wouldn't get in there at all. I have about 1/4 inch clearance and haven't found a wheel brush that goes in there yet (my old small brush would if I forced it, but that always made me nervous because it had a metal center for the bristles and it ruined the brush over time).

Any super thin wheel brushes out there? Tired of having to keep moving the car to get the entire inside of the wheel....

Thanks,
    Neil

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Still looking for the right wheel brush

I just ordered the Carrand Sheepskin wheel brush. Haven't gotten it yet but I had the same problem, not enough room. Didn't really need anything aggressive so I got the sheepskin.

Post Thanks / Like

Raceglaze XL wheel brush. Best wheel spoke brush ever. There hasnt been any calipers I havent been able to clear yet and virtually zero splatter. I cant say the same about the daytona on both counts.
    Alan T.

opie_7afe

go to a place that sells guns/gun accessories, they sell small wool mops for oiling your gun and can put them on a coated cleaning rod and you should be good!,if you cant find a coated rod use a brass rod and dip it in some plasti-dip!.....you should be able to find a mop going way smaller then you need it also ... good luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good idea Opie....I can't get past my front calipers. I really need to take them off and clean the barrels, but I am too lazy

opie_7afe

funny thing is i just randomly thought of that idea to use a gun mop while trying to think what would help the OP out!....best ideas come at random i guess! if you patent it i want proceeds in the form of ag gift certificates! haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LazerRed1 View Post
    I just ordered the Carrand Sheepskin wheel brush. Haven't gotten it yet but I had the same problem, not enough room. Didn't really need anything aggressive so I got the sheepskin.
    I used to use these before I got my wheel woolies. I really like them they clean very well and are delicate and won't scratch rims even polished aluminum. The only down side is that they do not last very long. I'll get a couple of months tops before they start falling apart and start sheding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    go to a place that sells guns/gun accessories, they sell small wool mops for oiling your gun and can put them on a coated cleaning rod and you should be good!,if you cant find a coated rod use a brass rod and dip it in some plasti-dip!.....you should be able to find a mop going way smaller then you need it also ... good luck to ya!

wwooohh.. Thanks for this opie... I need this badly.... cool.. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I'm lazy also. But it's something that needs doing. I just take them off and do them. Leads to a days project cause then I'm doing wells, chassis, exhaust and suspension components. Yea for me a day for wash/dry/interior another for wheels etc. Where do I find time for polish and protect. Dang I love this game.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a viking cone wheel brush. It has a removable and washable terry cloth bonnett. It works ok but I plan on getting me a Daytona Wheel brush. The problem with the viking one I bought at O'reillys, is the terry cloth gets picked very easily and Viking doesn't offer replacements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast