autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Bottle/sprayer recommendations

After seeing a few posts on here i decided I need to stop hauling all the 32oz spray bottles around for most of the stuff I use. So I need recommendations on bottles and more importantly sprayers for different product types:

Instant detailer - Saw the one recently talked about on here and will be ordering that for FK 425 and OID

IPA sprayer

Megs body solvent (can this even be used in a spray bottle?)

Megs APC and APC +

MEgs Hyper dressing (used on tires and wheel wells)

Megs Wheel brightner (need a durable sprayer that the WB wont destroy in a day)

ARO

DP waterless wash

the 17oz sprayers are okay that things like OPT car wax, sonax wheel cleaner and the like come in... but the 32oz with sprayers are just to tall for most storage bins that I would like to use and I am wasting time and energy hauling all the excess around. I only ever do 1 -2 car per day

Thanks in advance

chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Bottle/sprayer recommendations

I use a PVC 16 ounce bottle from US Plastics with one of their viton 'chemically resistant' spray heads. Total cost per bottle w/ head = $2.25 or so. Most of the things you list don't need those viton o-rings, but for the price why not?

I carry all of my spray items in a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid. In the event something should tip over it's not going all over the place. I also carry my rattle can products (Stoners Invisible Glass, Tarminator, etc) in the bucket too. When I get to the job site I just unload the bucket, rinse it out and fill it with fresh water. (And of course another bucket for my soapy water) -- That bucket I 'wind' my Nevr-kink hose into. Works great.

Spray Heads Only for Chemical Resistant Viton® Spray Bottles | U.S. Plastic Corp.

16 oz Clear PVC Bottle; 28/410 Cap Size | U.S. Plastic Corp.

For your Wheel brightener you might want a HDPE style bottle.

Cylindrical Sample Bottles with Caps | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    I use a PVC 16 ounce bottle from US Plastics with one of their viton 'chemically resistant' spray heads. Total cost per bottle w/ head = $2.25 or so. Most of the things you list don't need those viton o-rings, but for the price why not?

I carry all of my spray items in a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid. In the event something should tip over it's not going all over the place. I also carry my rattle can products (Stoners Invisible Glass, Tarminator, etc) in the bucket too. When I get to the job site I just unload the bucket, rinse it out and fill it with fresh water. (And of course another bucket for my soapy water) -- That bucket I 'wind' my Nevr-kink hose into. Works great.

For your Wheel brightener you might want a HDPE style bottle.
    Might want to remove those links and PM them to him. Posting those link is against rules. I know because I did the same in the past and it got removed.

Back on topic. I also use bottles from USPlastics. Make sure to grab a few extra sprays also, just in case.
    Alan T.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd look for a bottle similar to the one located here:
    SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottle, Heavy duty sprayer, Spray master, Spray master Sprayer

I've used the meguiars bottles (Came with my order about a week and a half ago) and i've managed to break one of the sprayers already I really like the sprayer pivoting above the nozzle, and it is a great feeling bottle, I just managed to break the sprayer head right above the nozzle by picking a bottle full of QD up by the handle. The other 5 I got have been great so far (very fine mist), but it is a bit of a design flaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray Heads Only for Chemical Resistant Viton® Spray Bottles | U.S. Plastic Corp

this didnt make it a week with 4:1WB in it... maybe my auto parts store sold a cheap immitator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    Might want to remove those links and PM them to him. Posting those link is against rules. I know because I did the same in the past and it got removed.

Back on topic. I also use bottles from USPlastics. Make sure to grab a few extra sprays also, just in case.
    I can't remove them. Editing permission is gone. It makes no sense to remove them (imho) when you are just helping. It's not like I linked him to sprayers PAC/DI or someone else sells. US Plastic isn't a direct competitor of AutoGeek.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmillhouse648 View Post
    I'd look for a bottle similar to the one located here:
    SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottle, Heavy duty sprayer, Spray master, Spray master Sprayer

I've used the meguiars bottles (Came with my order about a week and a half ago) and i've managed to break one of the sprayers already I really like the sprayer pivoting above the nozzle, and it is a great feeling bottle, I just managed to break the sprayer head right above the nozzle by picking a bottle full of QD up by the handle. The other 5 I got have been great so far (very fine mist), but it is a bit of a design flaw.
    id love to use them but im trying to get under the 32oz size

Post Thanks / Like

Right, I don't know why we cant' help people with links..seems counter productive.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Brightner seems to eat any sprayer, I've tried the HD Spraymaster sprayers and a few others some get eaten sooner than others, but in the end they all end up toasted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    I can't remove them. Editing permission is gone. It makes no sense to remove them (imho) when you are just helping. It's not like I linked him to sprayers PAC/DI or someone else sells. US Plastic isn't a direct competitor of AutoGeek.
    It is a competitor to AG because AG sells bottles too.

Sprayers, spray bottles, pvc bottles, bottle proportioners

At the bottom of this thread I posted a link to the bottles I used and it was removed by Scott(killrwheels) when he posted on the next page.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...e-425-a-3.html
    Alan T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast