autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porter Cable finally died, looking to replace

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes. Do it all the time and teach my classes how to do it also. It's easier to use a PC to machine apply a wax or even the Griot's Garage 3" polisher as they are smaller and more compact but the FLEX 3401 is very versatile with a soft foam pad is completely at home machine applying a wax or sealant.

I show this in my car detailing books and my boat detailing book.

It's a very well built tool and it is the tool that everyone started the orbital revolution in the car detailing world and the tool that everyone else has cloned for their version.

I call these types of dual action polishers,

Entry Level DA Polishers

Even the slides in my Power Points for my Competition Ready 3-day detailing classes are titled this way as we move through ALL the tools. We start with the PC type because they are the easiest to learn how to use and master. (that's two things).

I also like them because I do wet work sometimes like machine scrubbing tires, machine scrubbing upholstery, machine scrubbing non-skid and machine wet sanding and the PC is CAS listed and I've never felt that little tingle shock when using the PC.

I do like the Griot's version and it does have a LOT more power. The reason it tend to use the PC over the Griot's however is because now that there are so many THIN 5.5" foam pads on the market pad rotation is never an issue so anything I can do with a Griot's I can do with a PC using thin pads.

If I need more POWER and SPEED I don't look for a more powerful PC I grab either a rotary buffer or a FLEX 3401

"With a FLEX 3401 you can power through a detail job"

You can quote me on that because it's true. Just look at some of the "times" I've posted for how long it takes me to go from start to finish doing the exterior of a car using a FLEX 3401.

It definitely has a lot more power than the PC.

That is such a powerful compliment about this forum. Thank you for sharing your opinion on AGO.

What sort of pad or attachment do you use to machine scrub tires or upholstery? I never thought of the potential to be a cleaning tool.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Porter Cable finally died, looking to replace

Cyclo Polisher Brushes turn your Cyclo Orbital Polisher Here's a link to 4 different brushes for a PC/GG6. Let your PC do the scrubbing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123