autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Being conservative with Iron X?

So some cars come up empty and others look like this. The stuff just works when it needs to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Being conservative with Iron X?-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I have switched over to the IronX paste. I use much less product and get the same results as the liquid. I do still use the liquid for wheel barrels when need though. I just did an S550 yesterday and might have used 2 ounces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I have switched over to the IronX paste. I use much less product and get the same results as the liquid. I do still use the liquid for wheel barrels when need though. I just did an S550 yesterday and might have used 2 ounces.
    I'll be trying some Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner diluted 1:1 on my 2006 WRX STI. I've never used an iron remover before on it so we shall see how this goes. I have the world rally blue color. Will I be able to see the purple action on a darker paint? Thanks!
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting responses...keep them coming!

Post Thanks / Like

I use it because it makes claying easier. Contaminates usually wipe off easily after using a product like trix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    So some cars come up empty and others look like this. The stuff just works when it needs to.
    I also see an immediate difference in the paint color especially white after decontamination. For instance this car was a pearl color that you could not see the flakes until after IronX. Making cars have the deepest shine require prep. IronX is just 1 tool to make the overall finish that much better.

IMO if you are a professional you should absolutely be doing this step on a few test spots to see if the car requires Iron decontamination. Raise your prices if you need to but don't not offer this step as it does work well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaStA View Post
    I'll be trying some Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner diluted 1:1 on my 2006 WRX STI. I've never used an iron remover before on it so we shall see how this goes. I have the world rally blue color. Will I be able to see the purple action on a darker paint? Thanks!
    Are you planning on using the wheel cleaner on the paint? If your paint is. If your paint is contaminated enough, you will see the IronX working. I coated a WRB Sti in May and I was able to see the IronX change color. It will definitely clean the aftermath of your Brembo's on your wheels! And as others have said, it makes claying easier/faster. Just try it and see what it does. Make sure it's not to warm and you're not in direct sunlight if you can help it. Let it dwell on surface for 3-5 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you planning on using the wheel cleaner on the paint? If your paint is. If your paint is contaminated enough, you will see the IronX working. I coated a WRB Sti in May and I was able to see the IronX change color. It will definitely clean the aftermath of your Brembo's on your wheels! And as others have said, it makes claying easier/faster. Just try it and see what it does. Make sure it's not to warm and you're not in direct sunlight if you can help it. Let it dwell on surface for 3-5 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
    Yes I plan to use it at the recommended 1:1 dilution ratio on paint. I ordered a gallon so if contamination isn't a problem I will simply use it as a wheel cleaner once the rest of my jug of P21S runs out. The struggle I will have is getting around the hot New Mexico sun. Looks like early morning or late evening will be the time I have to use the stuff, but if I need to clay, polish, and wax I will probably have to do it in the morning unless I want to stay up really late in my garage.

I figure I will be slightly conservative with it and use a microfiber or wash mitt to agitate/spread it out.
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Post Thanks / Like

They designed Deep Wheel Cleaner for paint as well despite the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the opinions and feedback!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast