autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Steamer extractor?

I been getting a lot more jobs and my vapamore primo has been doing great but now I'm looking to upgrade. I been looking for a steamer extractor because I don't like using a hot water extractor. I'm concerned about leaving the seats wet. I been steaming and getting great results with the vapamore but want something a little more powerful to make me more efficient. I got down to 2 different machines:

Dupray INOX 110

Or

Vapor Clean Desiderio Plus

Anyone use these machines and if you could help me with some pros and cons. Thank you, you guys helped me so much already but this will be my biggest investment as far as a piece of detailing equipment. I want to choose the right one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steamer extractor?

I didn't even know this was a thing! I just have a plain steamer!

That said, there is quite a difference in price. The Desiderio has the price angle going for it for sure. $4k+ for a piece of cleaning equipment is a serious investment. Watching the video, it looks decent.

Things that come to mind:

The Dupray puts out an additional 2 bars of pressure and can heat up to 356F. It has a 220V option and looks like it could survive a direct hit from a RPG.

I think the question I'd ask myself is if this extra power / pressure / steam temperature will be useful in the car detailing world. My VX5000 can already get me into trouble if I use it on the wrong material etc.

My opinion would be for the initial investment, I'd lean towards the Desiderio. If I knew I was going to be detailing 10 years from now and could justify the Dupray, I would choose it. I don't like seeing plastic on cleaning units costing over a thousand bucks.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the Dupray also because I've always wanted to try a steam wash while injecting rinseless wash... *drool*

Post Thanks / Like

yea I know the INOX looks like a beast but I do know that I could not just use it on cars but in my home as well. I been getting a bunch more jobs for interiors and the customers like the fact that I steam and not extract. They also have some horror stories from detailers around my area leave the seats moist and later smell like mold. I even heard one customer, who I recently did a full interior on, say that the last detailer took out the seats and used a pressure washer on it! CLOTH SEATS! Where did they expect the stain to go? Anyway, I know that I can make that money back and using it around my home would be a huge bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808_detail_nut View Post
    yea I know the INOX looks like a beast but I do know that I could not just use it on cars but in my home as well. I been getting a bunch more jobs for interiors and the customers like the fact that I steam and not extract. They also have some horror stories from detailers around my area leave the seats moist and later smell like mold. I even heard one customer, who I recently did a full interior on, say that the last detailer took out the seats and used a pressure washer on it! CLOTH SEATS! Where did they expect the stain to go? Anyway, I know that I can make that money back and using it around my home would be a huge bonus.
    Yeah both options really look great. I have a vx5000 and even that is just a godsend on interiors!

Yeah I hear you... I've cleaned up jobs where they've taped up plastic and blasted out the backs of vans.. O.O

I was working in Tallahassee, oh the jobs I'd get. I did detailing while I was going to FSU. I don't even... Yeah I love steam. Steam disinfects. lol.

Man, if you can justify it. I'd even make up placards. Get on Odesk and get some snazzy vector style graphics on your "Steam Extraction Process" and blow it up.

If you're investing in that sort of equipment, make your business known for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Some guys use steam but I'm sure they also extract. I like my vapamore for what it is but sometimes removing old wax and other things on exteriors it just not strong enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing I'm thinking is I could market the waterless steam wash. I'm sure I could sell a lot of people on that. This is something I know I can do tat people around here are not. I'm just trying to figure out how long it's going to take me to make the 4k back. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808_detail_nut View Post
    Another thing I'm thinking is I could market the waterless steam wash. I'm sure I could sell a lot of people on that. This is something I know I can do tat people around here are not. I'm just trying to figure out how long it's going to take me to make the 4k back. Lol

Yeah I'd love to see that work in person. I've seen the cheesy Asian videos showing it. I'd love to try onr steam injected wash. As far as power, that thing would be the way to go. Amazing purchase if you can get the return on it!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a inox? If you do, can you tell me some pros and cons

Post Thanks / Like

I had purchased a Daimer steamer that was similar to the INOX, was less than impressed at its extractor capabilities. It may have been the attachment or something though, but basically the steam comes through the holes in the attachment, so I was getting just lines where I was trying to extract, a bunch of tiny clean lines, possibly a better attachement was needed.