autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hydro2 vs Traditional AIO

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouthDetail View Post
    I've experienced streaking once and it was on a black car and I applied it in direct sun, which you shouldn't do. I also had it mixed at 3:1. Now, I like to mix it at 4:1 and I dont ever experience any streaking whatsoever and from what I've seen, it doesn't degrade the protection properties either.
    Interesting. Any direct sun insight for us mobile detailers?
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I can attest to the streaking on black cars when used in the sun.

Some members here have suggested to spray some diluted hydro2 directly onto streaks and should wipe off with a MF towel. You'd need to do this immediately to not allow it to cure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
    Hydro2 is a wash/seal. The problem with Hydro is that it doesn't fill enough for most cars, and the level of slickness is not at the level that most discerning customers expect.
    I find this very funny really for any sealant to bond to paint its needs to be free of contaminants so you should clay before sealing any care if it needs it. Then you will get the slickness your looking for. You should know slickness comes from clean uncontaminated paint and not just the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Interesting. Any direct sun insight for us mobile detailers?
    Yes Mark it's not recommended to apply in direct sun light it's the only down side of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouthDetail View Post
    I've experienced streaking once and it was on a black car and I applied it in direct sun, which you shouldn't do. I also had it mixed at 3:1. Now, I like to mix it at 4:1 and I dont ever experience any streaking whatsoever and from what I've seen, it doesn't degrade the protection properties either.
    Ok, thanks a lot. I mixed 3:1 as well. I guess I have to add more water then. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I find this very funny really for any sealant to bond to paint its needs to be free of contaminants so you should clay before sealing any care if it needs it. Then you will get the slickness your looking for. You should know slickness comes from clean uncontaminated paint and not just the sealant.
    Of course, but the level of slickness will vary significantly depending on the product used.

I've noticed much great slickness with most spray sealants (versus Hydro2).

Post Thanks / Like

The hydro2 'type' product is superb. There is truth in it not doing any filling and the car pro product does work out expensive. The style of product should actually work out very economical.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that cost per application might be a little more expensive than a spray wax, but in comparison to an AIO, I feel like it might end up cheaper. - no need to purchase pads, pad cleaner, time spent cleaning pads, wear on polishers and backing plates, etc. plus the time savings will add up in a hurry.

Todd- from what I can tell from your site, it looks like you do a really good wash and clay before applying Hydro2 in your Exterior package. Is this correct as for prep, or did I miss something on there?
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    I agree that cost per application might be a little more expensive than a spray wax, but in comparison to an AIO, I feel like it might end up cheaper. - no need to purchase pads, pad cleaner, time spent cleaning pads, wear on polishers and backing plates, etc. plus the time savings will add up in a hurry.

Todd- from what I can tell from your site, it looks like you do a really good wash and clay before applying Hydro2 in your Exterior package. Is this correct as for prep, or did I miss something on there?
    I do not for a second think hydro2 can replace an AIO. It has no ability to either correct or fill, two things that are central to an AIO. If you have a swirled finish, you still need polishing machines and accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the $100 bottle of hydro 2. I'm just using it for my car. Even if it only lasts a couple of months it's worth the time savings. My question, is the force of the jet setting on a hose strong enough for hydro 2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast