autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polishing Question

Quote Originally Posted by 11Silverado View Post
    If I got the menzerna polishes instead, which ones would you recommend? Only problem I see with choosing menzerna over wolfgang is that menzerna quantities are much greater and I do this as a hobby so it won't get used that often. Maybe a few times a year at best.
    Yes, the Menzerna products come in bigger bottles, but they are MUCH less expensive. (And Menzerna makes/bottles Wolfgang products.) For instance, 16oz of FG400 is $33.99 - ($1.06 per ounce) where 8oz of Wolfgang Uber Compound 3.0 is $24.99 - ($3.12 per ounce).

As for what you could use, take a look at this chart

Notice how big of an overlap FG400 and SF4000 have?
    With the two of them you can pretty much do anything out there. If you have heavy swirls you might start FG400 with an orange pad, then move to a white pad to finish it down. Then take another white pad (or blue) and work the SF4000 and call it done.

The Wolfgang products are very similar, just that there are not so many, with so many different overlaps and gloss ratings. Basically you have compound, swirl remover, and finishing glaze. And you can easily get away with using only the first two, (just as you can with only two from Menzerna).

(There is of course the AIO product, but that's a different thing all together.)

Post Thanks / Like

The car is a darker red. Not sure of the name. The truck is called blue granite metallic or something like that. I have Lake County CCS pads in orange, pink, and white. I don't have any pictures at the moment. I'll have to decide when I order as it'll cost more upfront for menzerna and most likely it won't get used very often. Thanks for all the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, do the menzerna products have an expiration date? Not sure if any detailing products have one or a point where they really don't work well.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

FG400 followed by SF4000, that is all

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-obsolet.html

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Zubair, those 2 products would most likely be all you need. Of course that depends on what you are correcting.

As it relates to Menzerna expirations, i still have a bottle of Menz PO106FF that is about 4 years old. I have shaken it up aggressively and used it lately without any degradation of results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11Silverado View Post
    The car is a darker red. Not sure of the name. The truck is called blue granite metallic or something like that. I have Lake County CCS pads in orange, pink, and white. I don't have any pictures at the moment. I'll have to decide when I order as it'll cost more upfront for menzerna and most likely it won't get used very often. Thanks for all the help.
    I just polished out my hood yesterday with WG TS / WG Finishing Glaze. Used my Rupes Mini with LC 4" Orange Pad with TS and LC 4"White Pad with F-Glaze. (lost of curves in the hood, that's why I used my mini) Then topped it with BF Midnight Sun, an incredible wax for the $$, the combo on sale right now with the BF Sealant is a real bargain too! The WG Duo is awesome. As a side note, I have all the Menzerna polishes too so this was a good comparison for me. Both systems are excellent, in your case I'd suggest the WG Combo.

Here are the results:

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12