autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HE Washer

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HE Washer

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    Up to 1 oz of Micro-Restore. Less for smaller loads. Works really well with my front-loader HE washer.

OP, one thing to remember when using a HE washer, (well at least the one we have like below) is that they'll tend not to put much water in. Ours (and I'm sure others) will weigh the load before adding water. With that in mind.... It's easy to 'trick' the washer into adding more water. Just add your load then head over to your mud sink and get a gallon (or more) of hot water and pour that on the towels. Works every time!

I've programmed cycles in for different "Car Towels" from terry garage towels to compound/polish removal general duty, to extra fluffy Korean towels. If you're using a dedicated microfiber detergent then 1oz will be plenty. You can also use a mix of dedicated detergent, and/or some sort of 'clear' liquid and a mix of Woolite. I've used Woolite for years, (long before I bought any 'dedicated' detergents).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    I have found that the Wolfgang MF cleaner works better than anything else I have used in my HE machine. It was formulated to work with HE machines. I use about 1-2 oz for wash cycle and put about an oz of white vinegar in the softener tray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post

OP, one thing to remember when using a HE washer, (well at least the one we have like below) is that they'll tend not to put much water in. Ours (and I'm sure others) will weigh the load before adding water. With that in mind.... It's easy to 'trick' the washer into adding more water. Just add your load then head over to your mud sink and get a gallon (or more) of hot water and pour that on the towels. Works every time!

I've programmed cycles in for different "Car Towels" from terry garage towels to compound/polish removal general duty, to extra fluffy Korean towels. If you're using a dedicated microfiber detergent then 1oz will be plenty. You can also use a mix of dedicated detergent, and/or some sort of 'clear' liquid and a mix of Woolite. I've used Woolite for years, (long before I bought any 'dedicated' detergents).

My wife wanted the new HE washer I was happy with the simple ones

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS for the reply's !!!!!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsSS View Post
    My wife wanted the new HE washer I was happy with the simple ones
    Yeah, I know that feeling.

Ours actually *tells* the dryer what it's just done and the dryer decides what type of drying cycle to use.

Now you'll have to get her to stop using ANY type of fabric softener (in both the washer and dryer) so you don't end up ruining your microfiber collection. I actually keep a 50% alcohol solution bottle next to ours that I spray the (stainless) inside of the respective machine(s) down with (for a nice quick wipe down) before running a load. OCD yes.... but it helped to 'train' CarMomma not to ruin the $2000 worth of microfiber sitting around here.

Post Thanks / Like

I frequently use more soap than is asked for. Then I just run it through a second rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

I pre-rinse with vinegar/charlie soap in our old first gen HE washer, then do normal wash procedure. Vinegar rinse and done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12