autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Water tank suggestions/opinions and plumbing

Hey guys, so I'm trying to find the right setup for my mobile detailing biz. I usually use customers water and there's no big deal, but every so often that's not an option and I get stuck.

So I'm looking to get a small water tank - enough to easily do one car via HP rinse, then rinseless wash, and enough left over to fill a couple buckets for interior cleaning. I'm thinking in the 25-30 gallon range will be more than enough, but very limited options that I can find online for that small, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places...

I found this one, Chem-Tainer 25 Gallon Transport Tank (TRANS25-1) but after shipping, it's $130, which seems a little pricey for that small a tank.

Any suggestions out there on small tanks?

Also, once I've got the tank, do I need a pump to get pressure, this one's just gravity fed, so I'm assuming so, but I'm kinda clueless in that area. Any recommendations on this would be appreciated too. Thanks!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water tank suggestions/opinions and plumbing

Anyone? Any ideas or recommendations or places to get a good water tank. Especially if it doesn't have to be shipped?
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Anyone? Any ideas or recommendations or places to get a good water tank. Especially if it doesn't have to be shipped?
    Go to the largest Asian restaurant in your city and ask them if you can have one of their old soy sauce 55 gal drums. Clean in out. Enjoy your free water tank.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I did a lot of research (I have been for a couple weeks now) and after searching at some places locally with no luck decided to just buy online. Northern Tool had a North Star Tank (26 gallon) NorthStar Spot Sprayer Tank — 26-Gallon Capacity | Sprayer Tanks| Northern Tool + Equipment that roughly has the dimensions I need to work with and their shipping was incredible compared to places that sold "detailing tanks" it was only $60, had great reviews and only 12.99 to ship (those other tanks were all at least $60 to ship). It also has a designated spot to attach a pump which was a cool feature.

I'll post some pics in my HHR once I get it for people who find this in the future who are looking for a smaller tank.
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I use 55 gal barrels, they're free. but you have to have a plastic welder guy around to put in the holes and fittings.
    So maybe buying the exact one you want is the way to go.
    as far as power get a 12vlt pump, they have 60 psi and thats enough. They are around 160 bucks and with that get one or two of those expanding hoses. They work great and don't take up a lot of storage room.