autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Save my paint!!!

I'm using the Glacier waffle weave towel (meant to be good looking at reviews).

This dries well buy only if I swipe/drag it over the panel. About to get my car compounded and concerned dragging towel over panel may impart some marring (this is after pressure washing/snow foaming/3 bucket method wash)?

If I use the waffle weave to blot (preferred approach?) it leaves a fair amount of water left on the panel (water left matches the square waffle weave pattern of the towel). I have a leaf blower which is good for cracks & crevices but otherwise just smears water over panel (I'm using Blackfire wet diamond polymer sealant which beads water but maybe not as well as a wax which may work better with a blower).

Some articles talk about using a plush microfibre towel after using the waffle weave (to remove remaining water) with an instant detailer/wax to dry and wax at the same time. Whilst I like this idea (I do have some Optimum Instant Detailer - OID), my preferred final finish product is the Blackfire wet diamond polymer sealant (superior gloss from what I've read and experienced) and concerned this won't bond well if I put it over the OID)?

Maybe there's a non-waffle weave drying towel that does a better job a blot drying than a waffle weave, and whatever water remains I'll take off when I followup with the Blackfire polymer sealant and buff off?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Save my paint!!!

Have you tried the sheeting method of drying? Works specially well when you have wax or sealant on your car. When done properly, you'll be left with just a few drops remaining, if at all, on the panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Like stated the sheeting method can reduce the amount of water on the vehicle, another helpful tip would be to use two waffle weave towels(one damp, and the other dry), lastly having a quick detailer, and or carpro spotless may also help you from in a sense trying to scrub those stubborn water spots that may occur from not drying the vehicle quick enough

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep do sheet car.

What is the method with a wet and dry towel?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Like stated the sheeting method can reduce the amount of water on the vehicle, another helpful tip would be to use two waffle weave towels(one damp, and the other dry), lastly having a quick detailer, and or carpro spotless may also help you from in a sense trying to scrub those stubborn water spots that may occur from not drying the vehicle quick enough

Post Thanks / Like

go rinseless bro.... 1st use a coating though