autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glossiest, drippy wet darkening LSP for black cars with good durability?

Quote Originally Posted by brondondolon View Post
    Modesta BC-03 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFgPBb3v-yk

Or Collinite 845 on top of CG blacklight.

This one is also dripping wet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhw48 View Post
    Gorgeous, looks like it's going to run off onto the floor!
    Thank you Gary! I agree!

Post Thanks / Like

Guys who've used Blackfire BlackIce,

How many months have you gotten and what type of environment was the car in?

Post Thanks / Like

Finishing/fine polishes help a lot in the quest for dripping wet black paint. Get the car out from under the trees. I don't park under trees because of sap and pollen.
    Here's a thought: clay helps restore gloss by removing above surface contaminants. If you park under a tree, then you are adding more above surface contaminants. Also, what do you mean BFWD didn't "work"?
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

845 After being washed with DP Power Wash which contains a bit of carnauba

Here is fresh 845 after polishing with the Blackfire SRC duo

As much as I like the look of 845, I'm starting to like the warmer look of products with more carnauba. Maybe 915 or a sealant like WG or Four Star which give a carnauba-like look.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    Finishing/fine polishes help a lot in the quest for dripping wet black paint. Get the car out from under the trees. I don't park under trees because of sap and pollen.
    Here's a thought: clay helps restore gloss by removing above surface contaminants. If you park under a tree, then you are adding more above surface contaminants. Also, what do you mean BFWD didn't "work"?
    Why I'm done with BFWD... It just doesn't look all that its hyped up to be to me. I purchased it on a desire created around 1.5 yrs ago when everyone on another popular detailing forum that I frequent, was buying it and raving about how it adds depth and a 3-dimensional look. Got the polycharged version then and put it on after last year's polishing session; I expected to be wowed just like the many others but the next day I wasn't. It wasn't bad and slickness was good to the touch but the looks were not a head turner. I didn't see the great depth everyone spoke of and gloss was good at best. Nothing phenomenal or remarkable.

Depth is super important to me as I have a black car. My fav to this day in terms of looks is still Megs MirrorGlaze #26 yellow paste wax. Its just that it doesn't last like a sealant. I wish I had the looks of 26 and the reflectivity of DG's AW but have yet to find it.

Fast forward to a just few weeks ago, I just polished my car out via the flex,Menz Powerfinish, followed by 85RD . All swirls gone! I know that true gloss and reflectivity is obtained by polishing and that wax only enhances and protects the finish.

So I decided to give BFWD one more chance to see if it could wow me, used a black finishing pad on the flex. application was a breeze, so was the removal via an edgless MF.

Next day, same experience as last year. Its just good at best, I want a Zinger! ZapOW!
    Put on 26 yesterday and today I saw what I liked. Again, I just wish for longer durability but with the same if not better deep, glossy looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps a coating for the car, followed by the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash and Gloss with Carnuaba.

I too love that wet look, but nothing alone I have found lasts as long as I'd like. So, I changed tactics: put a coating on the car for protection longevity's sake, and touch up the drippy wet gloss look with every wash.

I think this combo is the bee's knees on my Black Challenger.

Post Thanks / Like

Aim4squirrels,

Glad the combo is working out for you. I'll have to look further into coatings. I wonder if they darken as well as add gloss.

In terms of appearance , looking for the super deep wet look like an initial application of souveran but with at least 6 months actual durability not the marketing/advertised durability.

Maybe such a product is just not out there yet, maybe I may just have to wait and make due until the tech can produce something like that. I'll keep looking and refining my process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    Perhaps a coating for the car, followed by the Pinnacle Rinseless Wash and Gloss with Carnuaba.

I too love that wet look, but nothing alone I have found lasts as long as I'd like. So, I changed tactics: put a coating on the car for protection longevity's sake, and touch up the drippy wet gloss look with every wash.

I think this combo is the bee's knees on my Black Challenger.
    OP, based on your comments this is probably what you want to do. I can see a couple of variations.

Coating or Sealant + M26
    Coating or Sealant + Other carnauba wax
    Coating or Sealant + Spray wax product of choice like Aim4Squirrels mentions

Doubling up should get you the best of both worlds.

Have fun experimenting!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 915

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast