autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Shipping costs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping costs

I bought a pot of Pinnacle Souveran last year, when it arrived it was old and caked. I sent AG customer service apicture, they sent out a replacement the next day and told ne to trash the bad stuff. That's customer service. As far as the shipping, if you know how to use google their are always ways to get the shipping costs down. Not every company can compete with Amazon and give free shipping, seems that Amazon has conditioned the consumer to expect this. I live in Florida so I have to pay sales tax on AG purchases and soon on Amazon too as they are building to huge distribution locations near where I live. So be thankful for now that you don't have to pay sales tax too.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    It sounds like the people at your post office suck if they all get lost while out for delivery.
    No, not just my po, the po's where the items were sent to too, which means the post office just sucks as a whole. One tracking still shows it's in the receiving post office in New Jersey and when you call them they say it's at the main one at the airport in Newark, so the run around game. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. They also lost over $5,000,000,000.00 last year, now what publicly traded company could do that year after year and stay in business and provide sub par service.

This is directly from their webiste:
    Despite Revenue Growth and Record Productivity, Postal Service Loses $5 Billion in 2013 Fiscal Year
    This marks the 7th consecutive year in which the Postal Service incurred a net loss, highlighting the need to continue to capitalize on growth opportunities, reduce costs, and enact comprehensive legislation to provide a long-term solution to the agency’s financial challenges.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Congress forces the po to put that 5b in a prefunded retirement. That's been in effect since 06. Do some research. The po has alot of problems. If the po was a private company they'd be able to do what they needed to do to stsy in business

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention theres that thing called email. That didn't do the po any favors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frankprozzoly View Post
    Congress forces the po to put that 5b in a prefunded retirement. That's been in effect since 06. Do some research. The po has alot of problems. If the po was a private company they'd be able to do what they needed to do to stsy in business

I did and that was why they took such a huge loss in 2012., $15,900,000,000.00!!! So right back at you LOL!!!
    It shouldn't be so hard to accept that the USPS loses a ton of money and has and will continue too until MAJOR cutbacks occur.

WASHINGTON— The U.S. Postal Service ended the 2012 fiscal year (Oct. 1, 2011 – Sept. 30, 2012) with a record net loss of $15.9 billion, compared to a net loss of $5.1 billion for the same period last year. The loss included expenses of $11.1 billion related to two payments to prefund retiree health benefits. The Postal Service, which is uniquely required by law to prefund these obligations, was forced to default on these payments.
    Resolving the prefunding requirement, which made up 70 percent of the net loss, and providing more commercial flexibility to allow the Postal Service to manage its business, are among legislative changes needed for USPS to fully implement its business plan to return to financial stability.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also one of the lucky ones, apparently, get nothing but good and courteous service from USPS. UPS and Fed Ex are also excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Ref USPS service:

When I lived in Seattle (50+ years), the service I received just plain bit the big one. Everything from attitude to having to ALWAYS having to go to the local office to EVER receive anything bigger than a magazine. Waiting in a line for the next 'available clerk' that just left for their break. We won't even bring up a total lack 'customer service'.

Just a great way to ruin one's day.

Now, fast forward to now...I live in a small town (10,000) and my local office and everyone connected with USPS is nothing short of pure joy! Go to the office, people behind the counter are ALWAYS polite and courteous. Got a package to big for your mail box, no problem. They (the 'mail man') just bring it to the house and will put in the garage or wherever. Even when it's been snowing all day and they have to trek thru a pile of slop. That, and always with a smile.

I really believe it does come down to the magic real estate mantra, location, location, location.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that has alot to do with it. I mentioned before alot of postal employees have never worked anywhere before so they have an attitude. I've experienced that. They expect you to know how the mail works

The other thing is that now they're so under staffed and management treats them like s@#t so that's the reason for that attitude

Too many chiefs and not enough indians

Post Thanks / Like

AG CS is top rated. Their website is never down, real people answer when you call, huge inventory, guarantee their products no questions asked. Only negative is wish they were out of NY (closer to me) and not FL.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213