autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sealants

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sealants

Hi guys it's been a while. Few questions.. First is there a good sealant out there that does not have to wait for it too cure before waxing? Also I have a white f250 and I was very happy with using collinite wax on it.. Been using that for awhile just thinking of maybe trying some new things. I was thinking of maybe using klasse sealant with collinite or menzener top with collinite. Any recommendations for white? Wanting it too have that wet look.. Thks for any help guys. Oh I also been hearing a lot about black fire sealant top with collinite or a good wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealants

I love this sealant :

Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and

Its absolutely stunning on white cars. tons of reflectivity (thats what your looking for on a light colored car) and brightness.

Oh yeah, its also one of the easiest, foolproof sealants I have ever used.

Durability is very good and its incredibly slick.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had great experiences with BFWD and have used it several times on my wife's white Nissan Altima. Blackfire cures faster than other sealnts i've used however i still use about an 8 hour rule before topping with Coll 845. Love the look and the durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    I have had great experiences with BFWD and have used it several times on my wife's white Nissan Altima. Blackfire cures faster than other sealnts i've used however i still use about an 8 hour rule before topping with Coll 845. Love the look and the durability.
    The new formula Liquid Souveran is much easier to apply and is slicker and brighter than BFWD. I know that sounds VERY hard to believe but its true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    The new formula Liquid Souveran is much easier to apply and is slicker and brighter than BFWD. I know that sounds VERY hard to believe but its true.
    it's a subjective point, not fact. I love liquid souveran too, but IMO BFWD is slicker, see? either way he can't lose!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

DG 101, or 501 mixed at a 4:1 ratio with DG 601. You can top right after, the 601 flash cures the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

•Curing:
    -That's one of the "must-have-the-time-to" eccentricities of Sealants.
    -{Cross-linking, et al.}

•However: Every Sealant's cure-time will vary.
    -Most sealants will cure within 1-24 hours.
    -It has always been recommended that, if you have the time, waiting 24 hours is ideal.

•I don't apply a Wax on top of a Sealant.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I knew I couldn't get anything delivered today so I went out this morn too look at my truck., I decided to throw a coat of liquid glass on top of collinite I did yesterday .. It looked pretty good but not what I thought it would be. Anyways had too run too autozone and too my surprise they are carrying griots products . So I bought done of there wax.i come back put coat of collinite on and about 4 hours later the griots.Guys it killed the liquid glass in my opinion. My white truck has not only a deep, slick shine it's also very wet looking. Also guys I know the order in which you should detail, this was all just experimenting. Idk if any other two products is gonna be able to match the griots over top collinite, although I am gonna try some different combinations. I'm pretty sold on trying black fire sealant top with collinite or maybe some klasse or menzerna sealant topped with collinite or the griots.. Guys I appreciate y'all's responses please keep them coming. I'm really trying too learn.. Oh one last thing. I polished my wheels with white diamond and it's truely the best wheel product I ever uses right along maguires metal polish. Thks guys

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[ATTACH]Current Attachments (27.6 KB)
    image.jpg (27.6 KB)
    [/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sealants-image-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for lighting it was getting late. I will post more later..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast