autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New toy! New toy!

Picked up a 14 GLI Edition 30 on Friday.. LOVE IT! Decided that I needed to part ways with my Passat, I spent the worst year of my life in it and figured that something new might bring me some better luck.

That and I missed having something fun.

I found this car online in Austin last weekend and was contacted by the dealer on Monday morning. Hashed out the deal over the phone and made the drive on Friday when I had finally decided to go ahead with it.

I wish I would have snapped a few pics when I arrived. The car had a build date of 06/14 and looked like it had just rolled off of the transport when I was taken back to it. It still had the plastic wrapping on the hood, roof, trunk and bumpers. It felt like Christmas morning when I got to pull all the protective stuff out of the interior. Door panels, seats, sun visors, everything wrapped in plastic.

When I got in it, the car only had 5 or 6 miles on the odometer. I'm guessing that I was the first person to drive it off of the lot.

Here's some pics from tonight after I washed it.

Wiped down with some Megs Quick Wax.

Before I could tell them not to wash it, they had already done so and pulled it up to delivery. I've noticed a few minor spots, but I'll do a light polish to get out anything that I haven't seen or noticed.

Leads me to ask, what would you guys do if you were in my situation? I'm considering opti-coat and then a coat of DGPS. Does anyone recommend one coating over the other? I've read Mikes new car article, just didn't see any mention of coating.
    Chase
    Mine: 2017 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, 6.2L Crew Cab
    Hers: 2016 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 EcoBoost

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New toy! New toy!

Congratulations on the new ride he/she looks amazing, and I am not sure if you can apply two different coatings on top of another but I do know you could layer opti coat

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing people will recommend opti-coat. And thats a nice ride, in the right color.

This isnt related but I watched a 7 year old R32 with almost 90k miles go through the auction last week and brought $16,500. No kidding. That car was only about $26,000 new. Talk about retaining value.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I just got my a wife a new 2014 Tiguan to replace her 2012. I work at VW so if you have any ?'s maybw I can help. Is it a manual or DSG?
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

That's a sharp looking car. Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car. A friend of mine just snagged up a black one just like yours. It's great to drive. They finished off those interiors on that edition great.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful VW. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I'm loving the car and yes, went with a manual. I really like the white and I don't regret that decision one bit.

I'll put in an order for opticoat. I'll do a light polish with Wolfgang finishing glaze and top with Opti Coat. Will I need to do an IPA wipe down after the glaze or will Opti coat bond just fine without it?
    Chase
    Mine: 2017 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, 6.2L Crew Cab
    Hers: 2016 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 EcoBoost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chase.Barnett View Post
    I'll put in an order for opticoat. I'll do a light polish with Wolfgang finishing glaze and top with Opti Coat. Will I need to do an IPA wipe down after the glaze or will Opti coat bond just fine without it?
    You will need to do a wipedown with an IPA mixture to remove anything left behind from your polishing step.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new Jetta!! any pics of the engine bay? If I'm correct it should have the 2.0t?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.