autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Questions and Procedures

I posted in the cycle orbital section and didn't receive much feedback, so I'll add it here. This also inquires questions about products and procedures, so this isn't just an orbital question.

I realize the previous threads state that the Cyclo is newbie friendly, but is the cycle 5-pro a proper polisher to buy for the first time over a flex or a porter cable? Also I've always followed the two bucket wash method, waxed, and clay barred my truck but never anything more. Chime in if this is overkill of the proper procedures. I plan to start with a wash, then clay bar, paint cleansing lotion, swirl remover, polish, paint sealant, and last souveran wax. Can all stages be done with the Cyclo or should I only use it for swirl remover and polish, then do other stages by hand? Any advantages or disadvantages for certain stages whether applied by hand or machine? Thanks in advance I realize this is a long post.
    Products:
    Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
    Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay kit
    Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
    Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
    Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
    Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    Autogeek Foam Cannon
    Cyclo PRO-5
    Input on products appreciated too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Questions and Procedures

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonL View Post
    I posted in the cycle orbital section and didn't receive much feedback, so I'll add it here. This also inquires questions about products and procedures, so this isn't just an orbital question.

I realize the previous threads state that the Cyclo is newbie friendly, but is the cycle 5-pro a proper polisher to buy for the first time over a flex or a porter cable? Also I've always followed the two bucket wash method, waxed, and clay barred my truck but never anything more. Chime in if this is overkill of the proper procedures. I plan to start with a wash, then clay bar, paint cleansing lotion, swirl remover, polish, paint sealant, and last souveran wax. Can all stages be done with the Cyclo or should I only use it for swirl remover and polish, then do other stages by hand? Any advantages or disadvantages for certain stages whether applied by hand or machine? Thanks in advance I realize this is a long post.
    Products:
    Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo
    Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay kit
    Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
    Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax
    Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
    Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    Autogeek Foam Cannon
    Cyclo PRO-5
    Input on products appreciated too.
    Welcome to autogeek... your regular wash method sounds good its not overkill in my opinion you can compound, polish, seal, and wax all with your with polisher, when using a polisher with a sealant and wax it will ensure a thin even coat though you can seal/wax by hand if you enjoy the company of your vehicle also something to consider is do the vehicle in sections and expand the project over a week or few days that way its less stress on your back/body but when do so make sure to seal and wax your finished work

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Questions and Procedures

I appreciate the feedback and I definitely intended to do the project over a couple days considering I don't have any covered place to fit my massive truck. I will probably do a wash and clay bar the night prior then use a quick detailer the following morning before starting the next procedures.

I definitely intend to use the Cyclo when applying the swirl remover and finishing polish, but what is optimal for the cleansing lotion, paint sealant, and wax? This isn't a time oriented project so I'm just looking for what will give the best results. If applying the other products by hand is a better choice I will go with that route. I hear people claim you can burn through the paint is why I ask hand or machine, but seeing this is an orbital I wouldn't see that as a problem or maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance and I'm grateful for all the knowledge this forum has to offer.

P.S. Just for further information, my paint has been cared for quite well so swirl marks aren't noticeable. In fact due to the metallic paint with real gold flake I have quite a hard time finding them unless I'm at the perfect angle with a precise amount of lighting.

Post Thanks / Like