autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car protection, clear bra? coating?

how does suntek film compare? The shop I spoke with said they have a lift and clean room for installation, wrap the panels and said they have worked with xpel and 3m before, but suntek is better than both.
    They also recommended I get the rocker panels covered. thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

this stuff will not last more then 2 or 3 years and will cost you alot to take off. When its starts to go its real hard to get off.On rvs its 1500.00 and 1000.00 to have taken off.Then 1500.00 to have it put on agian.Hear in se fl the owners wish they had never had it put on to start with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    how does suntek film compare? The shop I spoke with said they have a lift and clean room for installation, wrap the panels and said they have worked with xpel and 3m before, but suntek is better than both.
    I have the rockers covered with XPel PPF.

I personally won't eXPel any notions you may have...But:
    It's up to you to decide which PPF you Ultimately select.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
    Your best option is Xpel Ultimate. I know installers like the suntek because of the ease of installation with the new film but Xpel Ultimate is hands down the best.

Quote Originally Posted by master detailer View Post
    this stuff will not last more then 2 or 3 years and will cost you alot to take off. When its starts to go its real hard to get off.On rvs its 1500.00 and 1000.00 to have taken off.Then 1500.00 to have it put on agian.Hear in se fl the owners wish they had never had it put on to start with.
    Xpel Ultimate has a 10 year warranty.

Steam is the best way when removing film. If someone iOS charging that kind of money for removal then I would hate to see an install price.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like xpel is the favorite. I have 2 quotes for xpel. The first was 630 and the second 450. That's quite a difference in price. I don't think the second place was listed on the xpel website. Is their list exhaustive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped at Hi-Line Window Tint today and saw the Suntek film as well as Xpel. They gave me samples of each and showed me the hood of their van which had 4 different films installed. The fender had Llumar, which was starting to turn yellow. The right was 3M, middle Suntek and Left Xpel. The Suntek looked the best then Xpel then 3M. IMHO

I took a picture with my phone

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing to think of on a WRX is that the rear fenders bulge out pretty far and the leading edge catches a lot of road grit.

Not sure if they are the same on the 2014 body style but my 2010 STi has a decent sized piece of clear protectant in that spot stock but the rash I have goes about 5 inches higher and a few inches in front of the protected area.

I ran rally armor mud flaps for a few years and that protected it really well too. Should have left them on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chuckj View Post
    One thing to think of on a WRX is that the rear fenders bulge out pretty far and the leading edge catches a lot of road grit.

Not sure if they are the same on the 2014 body style but my 2010 STi has a decent sized piece of clear protectant in that spot stock but the rash I have goes about 5 inches higher and a few inches in front of the protected area.

I ran rally armor mud flaps for a few years and that protected it really well too. Should have left them on
    I noticed that. There actually is a small patch of film on the rear fender. I did install some DRT Components mudflaps as soon as I got it home.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm looking for information on caring for a llumar clear coat ppf. just purchased the pinnacle black label products. llumar says the bra can be waxed but i'm wondering about using the polish prior to the wax. i can't find a reference to anybody using the polish steps. OBTW the bra was on the car when purchased, so I only know the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I got paint protection film on my Maserati and still get chips and nicks...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast