autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Best Swirl Remover for a black Car

So I just got done cleaning my car and as I was putting on the wax I noticed some very faint swirl marks. I was wondering what is the best product to treat it for a black car?

Post Thanks / Like

Best Swirl Remover for a black Car

The best swirl remover for a black car is an experienced detailer, with any quality DA or rotary polisher and polishes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Swirl Remover for a black Car

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    The best swirl remover for a black car is an experienced detailer, with any quality DA or rotary polisher and polishes
    Hook, Line, and SINKER!

Post Thanks / Like

Best Swirl Remover for a black Car

Not to be a smart ass, but really any polish works well with any DA. Some are easier to use than others. Menz, Wolfgang, & Optimum are all "idiot proof" and use high quality abrasives.

Read Mikes book. He'll tell ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irishwoodchuck View Post
    So I just got done cleaning my car and as I was putting on the wax I noticed some very faint swirl marks. I was wondering what is the best product to treat it for a black car?
    You could probably get as many answers, and favorites, from as many members as there are here in this forum.

I'll assume your Paint finish is clear coat, and not single stage, so in such an instance, you're not actually polishing the black finish, but a clear coat that is on top of it.

I think though, that all members here will agree, that once you use any polish, regardless of cut-aggressiveness, you've pretty much removed all your paint protection in the polishing process, whether by hand, DA, or Rotary Machine.

And thus, will need to re-apply a wax, sealant, or some other form of paint protection.

For faint-very light swirling, and haze, you of course want a very gentle-mild-fine finishing polish. Like some would say, you don't use a cannon to kill a mosquito, and of course by the same token you don't want an aggressive compound, or a high cut/aggressive polish to correct such.

Some polishes, because of Oils, or other products as ingredients could possibly leave some slight hazing. Such hazing usually is removed once a wax, or sealant would be applied. Or if using a more durable Paint Coating, then some paint prep product would most likely be in order before the coating is applied.

A very good Fine Finishing Polish, very versatile, produces very good final results, can be used via Hand, DA, or Rotary, and is easily gotten in just about any town-city in USA, is Meguiars 205 Ultra Finishing Polish. At about $23-$27/qt, it works extremely well, and IMO one of Meguiars showcase products.

There's literal dozens of other great products from many manufacturers here, but this is one, and it is simple to use, easy to get, and produces stellar final results.

Hope this helps,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Not to be a smart ass, but really any polish works well with any DA. Some are easier to use than others. Menz, Wolfgang, & Optimum are all "idiot proof" and use high quality abrasives.

Read Mikes book. He'll tell ya.
    There is no such thing as idiot proof as idiots can screw up anything even when given the best options.

On a car with mild swirls an idiot could make it worse than it was very easy just by making the wrong choices.

One can take the one of the best choices in product to handle the correction and choose the wrong machine/pad choice and completely screw up the finish on the car.

And being it's a black car everything will show up......

A person still has to make the correct product choice given a variety of machines, pads, polishes and compounds to achieve a good result.

Hardly idiot proof..... An idiot will always make the wrong choice unless they just get lucky....

Post Thanks / Like

Not to long ago I had some swirls, like you hard to see but they were there, my car is black also.
    I used my GG6, speed 5 using an orange pad along with m205, and wow all gone, just make sure to follow all steps, wash,clay before you begin any type of polishing, more so when using a buffer.

If you have any more questions there are many here that will aid you

Post Thanks / Like

The OP never said he didn't know how to remove them he simply asked what would be the best product to use.
    We all need to be more understandable when members ask us for help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    The OP never said he didn't know how to remove them he simply asked what would be the best product to use.
    We all need to be more understandable when members ask us for help.
    Oh I know....

I like your last post on were the OP should start.

M205 on a polishing pad more than likely will take care of it and leave an excellent finish ready for waxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Often people go straight to an aggressive compound.
    Often all is needed is a good mild polish, using the right pad is a plus.
    Thanks, I forgot to mention about adding protection after polishing

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    Oh I know....

I like your last post on were the OP should start.

M205 on a polishing pad more than likely will take care of it and leave an excellent finish ready for waxing.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast