autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the scene, need some advice on products

First off I'm in Canada so I am going to be ordering my products from AG's recommended supplier eShine Canada- Canada's Car Care Leader.

I plan on detailing a few cars on the side once I get practice on my own/families cars. I have plenty of family cars to practice on (10+ in the area, some are work vehicles that are really bad condition that I can get some good practice on oxidized/damaged paint surfaces) Which is the reason I am purchasing such a wide range of products for many applications considering I have a brand new car [white paint with metallic flakes] that just has minor swirls that need to be polished)

The main product lines that I will be purchasing from that eshine stocks are Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Optimum, and Poorboy's, they don't stock all of Pinnacle products or any DP along with some other brands here, which is why you don't see them in my list... (See eshine's brand list here: Klasse |Wolfgang | P21S | Lake Country | Poorboy's | Meguiars | Sonus | RaggTopp | Pinnacle | ClearKote | Optimum | Stoner | 303 | Lexol | Wenol - eShine Canada Brands )

The owner of eshine told me he could special order some products from AG for me, I'll mostly just want the menzerna polishes and would like to stick with as much stuff as possible just from eshine though..

Well here is the list, it would be appreciated if anyone were to let me know if I'm missing anything or if there is a better alternative that is available on eshine!

Wash:

-PB Bug Squash
    -PB SSS Wash (To compare to Meguiars Gold Class which I can get in 1 gallon for $12 locally)
    -PB Wheel Cleaner
    -PB All Purpose Cleaner (For engine/carpets)
    -DP 4in1 (concentrated formula that I plan on diluting for a clay lubricant and QD to get bugs off the front end in between washes... good choice for this? Or will it diminish the SSII much quicker than using Crystal mist?)
    -(Clay Magic Bar's from local store)

Polish:

-Menzerna Intensive Polish
    -Menzerna Final Polish
    -Menzerna Finishing Glaze

Protect:

-Klasse Twins (for the value detail job topped with Liquid Souveran Spray for extra shine)
    -Liquid Souveran Spray
    -Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
    -WG Black Diamond Tire Gel
    --for the wheel protectant I heard Klasse AIO is pretty good?
    -PB Natural Look Dressing (for interior vinyl/rubber/dash/that rubber stuff that seals the doors...)
    -303 Aerospace Protectant (for truck beds and clean trim)
    -PB Trim Restore for the trim, or should I just use 303? (If so what else should I use 303 on?) [Or should I just get both and just use 303 on good trim but PB TR and then 303 on top of that for faded trim??]
    -Plexus for clear plastic and to coat the interior tinted windows
    -The rest of my turtle wax tire shine for wheel wells and then probably some other local bought product for the same thing once the turtle's have gone

Glass: I haven't really found from lurking the forums what I should use on the glass? In some of the Show N' Shine threads the glass is as glossy as the paint!! That's what I'd like to achieve also. Does Klasse AIO do that? And then I'll probably use Stoner's Invisible Glass Cleaner on the interior windows (and rainx on my interior windshield once winter hits again [that stuff really does keep the moisture off the inside windshield])

Interior:
    -WG Leather Cleaner
    -WG Leather Conditioner
    -(PB's All purpose cleaner) - is this good enough to clean ALL interior surfaces [minus windows/leather] including cloth seats??
    -(PB's Natural Look Dressing) -- Or Optimum Protectant+?

Also when detailing is there anything that should be used on carpets/cloth seats after to 'repel stains' like Stoners?

Tools:
    -Mega Plush Large Mitt (microfiber) for washing
    -(Brushes for tires/wheel/carpet from local Canadian tire [Like Target])
    -5gallon clean paint buckets (My grandpa is a painter, has plenty in his garage)
    -Dehydrator Waffle Weave Drying Towel
    -PC 7424 w/ LC 6.5" pads (1 yellow cutting [will I ever use this?], 2 orange cutting, 2 white polishing, 2 grey) and also a set of 3.5" pads
    -10 Tornado MF tagless Buffing towels for paint work
    -10 Regular MF towels for the interior/trim/glass (+1 gallon of micro-restore cleaner)
    (Meguiar's foam pads and wheel dressing applicators from another local detailing store)

Last edited by Tropicality; 06-06-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    First, welcome fellow Canadian!

This site is great and you will learn a lot!
    Seems like you have a nice grocery list there! I didn’t try all you’re about to purchase but I will give you a little feedback on a few.

-clay: you should buy the Ricardo yellow clay from eShine, they are great!

-PB all purpose cleaner: You can also buy Megs APC by the gallon at you’re local CarQuest

-polish: I personally had great success with the XMT line for the PC, especially 360 which I
    think is a must. I used to do the Klasse twins for value jobs but now it’s 360 all the way! I haven’t try Optimum poli-seal which from what I’ve read is pretty good too. I have a few bottles coming and I will try it next weekend

For you’re glass, I also use Klasse AIO and I really love it. Maybe there’s a better product to polish your windows but I’m satisfied with KAIO. I find this product very polyvalent! I also use it also on my wheels.

For your carpet after they are cleaned, try some scotch guard on it. You can buy this at CT or Wal-Mart

Pads: I would buy 2x orange pads instead of the yellow. I don’t think you’ll ever need it. On really bad area, I’d rather do more pass then use an aggressive pad and cut too much.

Hope it help a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to AGOL. Do you know Nica? LOL!!! I had to say that, Nica is from Canada too.

Post Thanks / Like
    remember AG ships to canada also, seems that Meghan recently offered some new shipping choices with better pricing. Might wanna check with her first.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to AG.

Just missing DuraGloss.

Duragloss Car Care Appearance products The Wet Look
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truls
    Welcome to AG.

Just missing DuraGloss.

Duragloss Car Care Appearance products The Wet Look
    Which DG products do you recommend in place of or in addition to anything on my list?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't used the Duragloss products my self but that's what I've ordered...just what Dr. Sparkie recommended hehehehe.

The list looks good, I agree too. You need some Ricardo Clay, nice clay...oh and for really tough jobs you can get the Clay Magic (red one) localy.

I would recomend Meg's APC, really good stuff and scotchguard is good too...well it's all good advice here I'm just ing...

So now we all need to get together...CalgaryDetail, your self and my self...there are more from Calgary too just can't remember there names at the moment...sorry bad memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    AS Sparkie said....

Bonding Agent 601 is also good if you just want to just "smack" some 105 on a car quick.

Sorry, dont understand the words "in addition too" Tropicality

We only use the frase "add" here......he he

Looks like you are getting a bunch of stuff, so imo the DG stuff just "complete" the line up, off course you could skip some stuff, but im not the one too ask i just love trying out everything to find the WOWs!
    EVOIX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast