autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which griots garage products would you buy??

Yes that is for the griots website. Sign up for their email and you will get the sale notices. Also keep in mind autogeek sells some of the griots stuff and it applies to the sales autogeek has as well. I am sure they will have a detailfest sale this weekend.

I am not a huge fan of the 3 in ROP. It is not anywhere near as powerful as the 6 inch. I rarely use mine for polishing. I will use it for wetsanding. If I need 3 in pads, I use my old PC7424 for that.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd get their 6" DA for sure, with the longer cord. Also the orange, red and black pads, the #2 and #3 polishes, their caranuba wax stick, their new caranuba wax (leave the Best of Show alone, hard to remove), their polish and wax removal towels, the large, pocketed drying towel....to name a few! Take full advantage of this deal for sure, you will not be sorry and their customer service is THE BEST! Lifetime warranty on their machines too!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    Yes that is for the griots website. Sign up for their email and you will get the sale notices. Also keep in mind autogeek sells some of the griots stuff and it applies to the sales autogeek has as well. I am sure they will have a detailfest sale this weekend.

I am not a huge fan of the 3 in ROP. It is not anywhere near as powerful as the 6 inch. I rarely use mine for polishing. I will use it for wetsanding. If I need 3 in pads, I use my old PC7424 for that.
    Too late to edit this. When I went back and reread I dont like the way I said "it applies to the sales autogeek..." I dont mean the code applies to AG. I meant that Autogeeks own sales are usually good for the griots products they carry. Sorry If I mislead anyone.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ere tried out their interior boars hair brush?
    Quality Mobile Auto Detailing in Greater Seattle www.precisionautosalon.com

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by precisionautosalon View Post
    Im trying to take advantage of their 15% off sale and free shipping that ends on Thursday. What would you guys recommend?
    I'd say it's easier to make a list of what *not* to buy from Griot's than what *to* buy. Overall their products are a great value. I like the 4-pack polish in that it offers the entire scale of cut in a DAT product. Given that, it's pretty easy to change cut around with pads these days and honestly you probably don't need more than 2 levels of polish. Still nice though to have it when you want.

Plus.... their bottles are really nice, self cleaning, and keep you from having to prime the pad with your fingers.

Lots of guys like their MF towels, and they are one of the best OTC (if not the best) that you'll find. Although I think there are others out there for the money I'd choose.

The rubber cleaner is nice, along with a lot of the pre-cleaner stuff. I'm not really fond of their vinyl & rubber sealant, it's not bad but WG is a lot better. You do need to get their clay. With 3 different clays to choose from, and at 200g it's the biggest steal out there!

One thing though about the 15% sale. Typically AG will have the same sale, or honor another sale.

Don't know if you have an Advance in your area, but it's handy to be able to drop by and grab Griot's if you just need it then and there. BUT... If you order from Advance AP (online) you can pretty much always get 15%. If you find a code, get 20%. Free shipping is basically all the time with a minimum order, and they are usually offering some amount of $$ back (coupon on next purchase) with x amount purchased. (I recently did $50 off $100 two different times.)

The down side is they only carry a few sku's, (including the GG6) so shop them for what they DO carry then shop AG for the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used there products for years. The groits mf are out standing yes get the 6" da. I use the orange and red pads they work very well. Just got the black pads but i hav'nt used them yet .Best in show can be a tad tricky tho but you wont be disappointed with groits products

Post Thanks / Like

One that hasn't been mentioned is their drying towel. It's fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dougsrt View Post
    I've used there products for years. The groits mf are out standing yes get the 6" da. I use the orange and red pads they work very well. Just got the black pads but i hav'nt used them yet .Best in show can be a tad tricky tho but you wont be disappointed with groits products
    I actually mentioned it a couple posts back, I have 2 of them, one about a year old and the other one well over 6 yrs old, both work great! The old one is a little different color and not as soft as the new one, ofcoarse, but I still use it w/o any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Griots' products for years. My only problem was with their polishes. I could work for hours/days trying to get out swirls or scratches. There are better products on the market for this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Porter View Post
    I used Griots' products for years. My only problem was with their polishes. I could work for hours/days trying to get out swirls or scratches. There are better products on the market for this.
    Which # machine polish did you use, just curious?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast