autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scrubbing Bubbles on leather???

Just be careful with any product that's not designed for that application. The old directive about testing on an inconspicuous area definitely applies here.
    A few years ago, before my forum days, I was working on my wifes Buick, trying to erase some color transfer from her red leather coat. At the time, I tried Lexol, Meg's Gold Class and Simple Green without success. I bought some Tuff Stuff pump spray, since their aerosol product always worked well for me on carpet and fabric. Stripped the coating right off the tan leather. I think of that one every time I attack a stain on leather.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I tried scrubbing bubbles ,got the itch to buy it at Home Depot years ago no good for leather ,love the smell though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I tried scrubbing bubbles ,got the itch to buy it at Home Depot years ago no good for leather ,love the smell though.
    So your saying don't do it. That guy's YouTube videos are pretty convincing. My seats are only a year old. They're clean i keep up with them with leather masters but my driver seat is starting to get a little bit of that slick look. So I'm wondering if scrub bubbles would clean it better than what im using. The guy says use scrubbing bubbles maybe once or twice a year for a thorough cleaning

Post Thanks / Like

What a idiot ,who said that to you ,it's a bathroom cleaner ,that's like sayin use motor oil to condition ur seats.use what's intended for leather.what if scrubbing bubbles ruined you're seats u have no recourse of compensation for using a bathroom cleaner on leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres a YouTube link at the beginning of this thread. I watched it. Lol I can be gullible. It looked convincing to me

Post Thanks / Like

Page 4 sorry

Post Thanks / Like

I do have to say pledge is awesome on leather,I personally own a 2013 charger,interior is black,I did a detail on the interior last week ,I like to keep my interior oil free ,I very gently cleaned leather,applied the orange pledge to seats ,sprayed it onto the seats ,keeping the nozzle close to leather ,to avoid overspray possibly,on glass used sponge to nourish then wipe excess of with micro,after application u see very residual product left on seats,in about a couple of hrs it's gone ,leaving the leather treated ,but has that factory look of pure,also it make the leather a little bit slippery but very little ,and I like that feature cause of friction of getting in and out pretty good stuff ,it's little touch to apply to texture door and dash so anyone who no dodge knows what I'm talking about.i meant tough to apply to texture.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345