autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Dog drool on leather seats

I have an Audi Q5 with black leather interior and a 94lbs german shepherd who rides in the back and drools on the seats and armrests. I've since gotten covers for them, but there are water spot like stains still there. Its not very noticeable, but since I know where they are, I can see them. What can I use to remove those spots? Can I use the same thing on both the leather seats and the vinyl armrests? I tried Lexol leather cleaner and it looks good until it dries, then the spots are back. Any recommendations? Thanks.

mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dog drool on leather seats

sounds like the coating may be etched.

Be very careful if you do this but try a magic eraser on the spots. It will abrade away the stain. Do not scrub or you could go through the leather coating.

I've read about a few people who regularly use this to clean their leather until the day they go through the coating but by then it's too late.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mleun481 View Post
    I have an Audi Q5 with black leather interior and a 94lbs german shepherd who rides in the back and drools on the seats and armrests. I've since gotten covers for them, but there are water spot like stains still there. Its not very noticeable, but since I know where they are, I can see them. What can I use to remove those spots? Can I use the same thing on both the leather seats and the vinyl armrests? I tried Lexol leather cleaner and it looks good until it dries, then the spots are back. Any recommendations? Thanks.

mike
    I'd suggest you do a Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products treatment. Here's a write up on how to apply it - I really think it's the best leather conditioner/cleaner/restorer on the market - good luck!
    Leatherique Prestine Clean Product Review – Detailed Image

Post Thanks / Like

The lexol leather cleaner is not very strong IMO.

Have you tried any thing else? An all purpose cleaner and leather brush? Usually that is a good cleaner and will remove dog drool marks. I deal with dog drool on a regular basis, and this usually works. Something like Optimum Power Clean is great at cleaning leather when diluted down to 3:1 or 4:1.

If that doesn't work I'd try the magic eraser on just those areas. And like Tim said, just don't scrub too hard. Let the sponge do the work. That should remove it. If doesn't I'm not sure you will be able to remove it.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, everyone.
    I originally tried zaino leather cleaner and when that didn't work, I went with Lexol. After those two, I figured I should check and see what others are using before I spend any more time and money trying to tackle this.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, everyone.
    I originally tried zaino leather cleaner and when that didn't work, I went with Lexol. After those two, I figured I should check and see what others are using before I spend any more time and money trying to tackle this.
    Here's a more complete review of Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean by Todd Cooperider: Leatherique Leather Care How-To – Detailed Image
    Autogeek caries it and I'd get 16oz of the Rejuvenator Oil and 32oz of the Prestine Clean: Leatherique leather care

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on Leather Master? I see that gets pretty good feedback in the forum as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts on Leather Master? I see that gets pretty good feedback in the forum as well.
    LM is a great product line...I don't feel it will reach into and pull stains, dirt, old products, etc. out of the surface you are treating like Leatherique will. A major key in using Leatherique is letting it sit for 24 hours or more in the heat. Take a look at the articles I posted about the product...it is a must have.

Post Thanks / Like

the border collie and great dane do their job of slinging some drool around my truck and the wife's forester.

Leatherique Prestine Clean is my go-to.
    chris<pixelmonkey>