autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Van still in progress!

Alright guys. The exterior of my mobile van is pretty much done. Aside from vinyl lettering on the passenger side. Just gotta order it, and put it on.

Anyways, here's the inside of it right now. I know...there's nothing in it really. Those cabinets came with the van, as well as ladder racks on the roof. The equipment I have so far is a 3500 watt generator, an electric pressure washer, water pump, Aztec Hot Rod extractor, and two 12x12 EZ pop up shelters. I still have to get a water tank, and an air compressor. I know a lot of you will say, you don't need a generator and water tank most of the time. But, I just want no limits when it comes to the mobile van.

So, here's a couple pictures. One, is the current state of the inside of my van. Two, is one set of my custom squeeze bottle holders my buddy is making me to mount on the back doors. That way, when I swing them open...I have easy access to all my bottles...

Any ideas, thoughts, comments, are welcome. I just want this thing ready to roll for April the absolute latest. So any help to guide the way is appreciated!

What do you guys think about Rhyno lining the floor??

Ha, I just realized the thread title says Mobile can, not van. I'm drunk, and it's late. Oops.
    Last edited by Kristopher1129; 02-18-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile can still in progress!

The van looks great! The bottle holder is real nice. Right now I'm working out of my tsx, going work on two 2sk tomorrow.

How big of a water tank you going get?

My trunk is full with electric power washer, my buckets, leaf blower, towels, a basket full of wax/soap and cleaning products, duffle bag with DA and scratch removal kit.

I need a van or a pick up truck next year but I have to work with what I got. Most of these people asking for price about detailing are far away from my house 1+ hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Is your buddy going to make mounting brackets for the bottles racks? Make sure they are deep enough too, so they don't jump out of the rack while driving. Maybe affix some velcro on the bottom of the bottles so your buddy doesn't have to change the holders. Looks cool though. When you get the water tank/storage container make sure you have a way to secure it in the center of the van as close to over the rear axel as possible. Remember, anything not secured properly will become a projectile in a wreck or hard cornering/braking. Whatever planning and layout you do now will expedite and future equipment going in and therefore your van will have less down time and you may have more free time in the future. Just my thoughts that could help you not have to redo the whole setup just to add something later or fix a center of gravity/weight balance issue. Good luck with the mobile detail.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that really true I still find it hard to believe if a customer hires a mobile detail person they would let them use their water and electricity??

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way great bottles holder, rhyno lining the floor sounds like a good idea. I wonder if is expensive because I'm planning in tearing out my floor carpet from my 93 Chevy s10blazer and applying rhyno lining

Exotic Auto Detail via tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Love the bottle holder, and Rhino lining would be good, when floor gets wet you wont be busting your butt!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the bottle holders. That's a great idea.

How big of a water tank you looking to get? Just curious because I know it's van and all but your going to have a lot of stuff in there. Hows the suspension on that van? Water tanks can weigh ALOT! And with the water shifting in the tank as your driving it is going to put a lot of stress on the suspension. So, if it's not in tip top shape you may experience some issues once your up and running.

You may want to invest in some heavy duty shocks and if there are leaf springs in the back (which I think there are but could be wrong) you may want to look into beefing those up some by adding an additional spring.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys need a thread started, everyone can post photos of their Set-ups I see we did it once before but not a lot of photos there. I think that would help everyone get ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe shelving on the rear doors, so when you open the back up you can have some of your most commonly used products right there in your face. But maybe that would be too much extra work.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good man - know your excited! The only thing I wonder about is the ?electric 1600 power washer? - Is that what you said you are using? I thought about getting one but are they really going to hold up to the workload? Never used one and know they are pretty inexpensive - but how long can they last? Water tanks aren't that expensive - I think $200 if I remember correctly for a descent sized tank.... I have also seen them on craigslist for 50 to 100$ from farmers using them - may save you some money there.
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011 ... LastLast