autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsvbGarageGalleryDetailing How To'sDetailing How ToFacebookTwitterYouTube

Go Back   Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum > Auto Detailing Forums > Auto Detailing 101

Register FAQ Upload Photos Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Instagram

Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #1

Preventing car windows from fogging up?

Is there any way to prevent car windows from fogging up? when the temp changes my windows tend to fog up in the morning after i get out of work, i hate to sit in the car for ten min to wait for the windows to clear up, and have to use wipers to wipe away the condensation every min so i can see. What can i do or do i have to deal with it? Also how can i get rid of the god damn water spots on the windows that are only visible when the fog appear ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 09-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #2

Re: Preventing car windows from fogging up?

Does it smell sweet? You may have a heater core leak or an AC evaporator that's not draining properly.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!twitter
Old 09-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #3

Keep your drivers window cracked a 1/2" at all times

Oh, your talking morning dew fogg? Nope, not much can be done for that except to leave you car parked in a garage/carport

I really should read a thread before responding
Old 09-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
Keep your drivers window cracked a 1/2" at all times

Oh, your talking morning dew fogg? Nope, not much can be done for that except to leave you car parked in a garage/carport

I really should read a thread before responding
Sounds like you are a good candidate for Congress
Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #5

Clean windows with DP Glass Restorer to remove watermarks. Then coat glass with Aquapel to bead up water. Use front defroster on glass as needed in morning. Seems to work for me. I believe Glass Science offers a anti-fog deal and some have suggested shaving cream but dont know just how long that works in automotive settings.

Fog Clear Auto Windshield Anti-Fog Coating, Removes glass fog, glass science fog clear, defogger, windshield fog remover, RainX

Scott
Old 09-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #6

I use to go out and open the two front windows in the car, if it wasn't raining. Then go back in the house,
hoping that by having the air inside the car the same temperature as the outside,
the morning dew fogg on the windshield would go away. But that didn't help much.

Lately, I've tried to get inside the car, closing the door real fast behind me and then without opening any windows,
start the engine, turn the heater all the way up to hot, (Even though the engine is still cold at this time.)
turn the fan as hi as it will go, (course the radio has to be turned a little more, lol) and turn the selector on Defrost.
Doing this, I am able to immediately drive off on me merry way.

This procedure seems help most of the time

But further testing needs to be done.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #7

Get a remote start and have your fan set on defrost
Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
Get a remote start and have your fan set on defrost

Gee, now your making it to easy, lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #9

I had a similiar problem. Took pictures and everything. Even had it at the dealers for a leak test, etc. They found nothing. Just by chance my wife cleaned our winter floor mats (they catch slush and snow), I will not mention brand. I temp. used the oem mats and problem went away, put the winter floor mats back in and problem reappeared. It seems that with the temp changes and extra moisture from the floor mats caused the windows to fog up. So now I carry and old mf towel to wipe up excess moisture.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #10

Stop making out in the back seat. ( Sorry, I couldn't resist)