autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Daily drivers vs Enthusiasts

My first week out & i realize there's two types of people i'll be dealing with. Daily drivers & the enthusiast.

The daily driver just want a quick cheap wash & have NO knowledge(& could care less) of the proper detailing methods

The enthusiast on the other hand knows what he want done to his car & appreciate quality.

It's a hard bridge the gap!
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

most crowded state in the world NEW JERSEY
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daily drivers vs Enthusiasts

Oh i hear ya , i have the same deal and it drives me crazy. On one hand you look at this car and you just want to do your best and you know if you could it would come out fantastic. Then you hear the customer say "No don't do that Just give me a regular wash and wax" That kills me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Oh i hear ya , i have the same deal and it drives me crazy. On one hand you look at this car and you just want to do your best and you know if you could it would come out fantastic. Then you hear the customer say "No don't do that Just give me a regular wash and wax" That kills me!
    On the plus side of just doing a wash and wax, you will generally get them returning clients. Also, a wash and wax takes tops of an hour and a half (give or take). Instead of a full days detailing. With that being said you can do 5 or more cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    It's amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by fancyfootwork View Post
    On the plus side of just doing a wash and wax, you will generally get them returning clients. Also, a wash and wax takes tops of an hour and a half (give or take). Instead of a full days detailing. With that being said you can do 5 or more cars.

True,but when your passionate about your work it puts a damper on you....until the next customer arrives!
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Post Thanks / Like

The toughest thing to learn is not to go crazy wasting time, product, and effort on those that just want an el cheapo wash & wax. Doing a little extra at no extra charge (and pointing it out to them) will bring them back. I mean like a courtesy vacuum when they didn't ask for it for instance, just a little something. They'll almost never tip but will likely return.

With the enthusiast you know they will not accept anything less than perfection and price/do the job accordingly.
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

what about the mixed crowed like me? Everyone few months ill go all out for the best possible show finish. However I only get around to washing my car 2-3 weeks intervals because its just a DD.

Post Thanks / Like

I explain what I can do with most of my clients and figure out what they want and are expecting. I find it a lot easier to get someone to pay $100 for a wash, wax and interior detail, then $300 for a full blown paint correction.