autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

can i apply different sealants?

i'm new to detailing, recently clayed and applied groits garage sealant on my qx56, can a put a coat of klasse sealant on top of the groits sealant? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: can i apply different sealants?

I haven't tried that, but I don't see the point of putting one sealant over another...once the finish is sealed, what good is the second sealant...especially different brands that might or might not be compatible? Maybe the visual depth of the finish may improve, but I don't see where it's protection has.

I use Griot's Paint Sealant and find it a great product. I've taken to using it on my family's daily drivers. Even they say to top it with a quality carnauba if you like.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gunslinger, have you ever tried multiple coats of the griots sealant? I was thinking 2 coats of griots sealant followed by griots best of show carnuba wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried a second coat of Griot's Paint Sealant over the first. It looks too good after one coat I see no purpose in it. I will use Griot's Spray Wax after each washing.

On two of my fun cars, where durability isn't an issue for me, I use a base coat of Griot's Carnauba Wax Stick topped by Griot's Best of Show Wax...great, great results. On the third car, which is Torch Red, I use a base coat of Carnauba Wax Stick topped with Pinnacle Souveran...even better than when I used Best of Show Wax. As good as Best of Show is, the Souveran is even more spectacular on red.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you don't intend to use Klasse AIO in between GG sealant and Klasse SG, correct? AIO cannot be layered and will remove any protection under it.

I just ordered WG DGPS 3.0 and am planning on applying it over the Klasse twins and top with Souveran. I always felt a second coat of sealant is a good idea, I'll be layering two different brands for the first time soon.

I say go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse Sealant Glaze will not bond on top of other sealants and waxes. You have to apply a coat of Klasse AIO to the entire vehicle and then apply a coat of Sealant Glaze.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Emile is right, never separate the twins! Emile, what do you think about my idea of topping the Klasse's with DGPS?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

so in order to use the klasse SG i would have to use the klasse AIO first? how about if i don't need a polish, could i go straight to the klasse SG after clay or paint prep? sorry for all the ?'s but i'm new to detailing i used to have someone do it but it usally comes back crappy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used Klasse SG without AIO first, the AIO cleans and leaves an acrylic layer made for SG to bond to. Though they are sold seperatly, they should be used together.

If you don't have AIO I don't see any harm applying SG to well prepped paint, you will likely lose some durability though. Just be sure your paint is very clean, any oils/residues will hinder bonding to the paint, the most important part of sealing IMO.

Oh yeah... Let it cure!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply!! I'm going to get some Klasse AIO and do the 2 step on my next detail. Can you use a PC polisher?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast