autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Forever Black tire gel.

Anyone of there are using Forever Black tire gel? I see that it's more of a dye, rather then a dressing. Anyway, is it safe to use on your own tires? How often should it be used? Recommended?

Thanks in advance.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Anyone of there are using Forever Black tire gel? I see that it's more of a dye, rather then a dressing. Anyway, is it safe to use on your own tires? How often should it be used? Recommended?

Thanks in advance.

NO....but i tryed there plastic
    trim black, very messy, i tossed it out.......hopefully the tire gel is better..... good luck.......

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autogeek.net/fobltigel128.html

heck of a deal for the professional detailer.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged

Thanks in advance.
    Never used this product. I use black magic tire gel very easy and no mess. Also use a product from FINISH FIRST CALLED LVR protectant. Very good product. It is lanolin based, non oily water repellant. contains no silicones. Also, use it on the interior. Give it a try>

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Black Magic before and did not like it. It is so static, and attracts dust like crazy.
    Thanks for Finish First though. I will look it up.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have some, just tried it, didnt do anything, The tire is not darker, its not glossy, nothing. Stick to 303. There trim dye may have ruined 500.00 in plastic fender flares on my toyota truck. Still looking for a way to get it off. TERRIBLE producst thus far and no customer support. I emailed auto geek (who I purchased it from) and they didnt give me a clue on how to get it off. I just got an email showing how well it worked on a BMW. Big Help to me. I wanted to know how to get patchy stain marks off my texture plastic fender flares

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth28
    I have some, just tried it, didnt do anything, The tire is not darker, its not glossy, nothing. Stick to 303. There trim dye may have ruined 500.00 in plastic fender flares on my toyota truck. Still looking for a way to get it off. TERRIBLE producst thus far and no customer support. I emailed auto geek (who I purchased it from) and they didnt give me a clue on how to get it off. I just got an email showing how well it worked on a BMW. Big Help to me. I wanted to know how to get patchy stain marks off my texture plastic fender flares

Forever BLACK™, owned and operated by Marketing Business Advantage was founded in 1994 with the introduction of Forever BLACK™ Bumper & Trim Reconditioner and fast became America's number one choice for restoring black bumpers and trim. Since then, two additional products have been added to the line - Forever BLACK™ Tire Gel and Forever BLACK™ Truck Bed Liner Gel.

All of the Forever BLACK™ products have been specially formulated to rejuvenate the black color on plastic, rubber and vinyl without the use of silicone.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I GOT MINE OFF WITH PAINT THINNER....WOWO METHOD....

GOOD LUCK.......
    Last edited by BILL; 08-30-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paint thinner? On porous plasctic? did it damage it? what vehicle? I may try it in an inconspicous place. It wont melt or damage it? I think I will try to keep using high pressure water and if they dont offer a resolution, go after forever for my 500.00 in fender flares.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paint thinner? On porous plasctic? did it damage it? what vehicle? I may try it in an inconspicous place. It wont melt or damage it? I think I will try to keep using high pressure water and if they dont offer a resolution, go after forever for my 500.00 in fender flares.
    Yes paint thinner [the kind we clean our paint brushes with]......not lacquer thinner.....

no damage......WOWO Method...try it in a small place....

vehicle......2006 CHEV EQUINOX SUV.....
    Last edited by BILL; 08-31-2006 at 06:50 PM.