autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question which car products best suits my car needs?

Hey guys I am new here to the forum and I have quite alot of questions for all of you. I just a 2008 Lexus IS250 Its a dark grey gunmetal metallic color it really shines. What I want to know is which products best suit my needs. I am a very clean person and wash my car every week no matter if its snowing or I am on vacation with the car it gets cleaned period. This is my First dark colored car because they have always scared me because of how clean I am I was always afraid I would be never satisfied with it after cleaning it. The car has roughly 5,000 miles on it and ive had the car 3 months now I drive it far to work everyday so that accounts for all the miles. Here is a list of products I just used to clean the car three weeks ago to get a good buff in it.

1. Wash gold class wash
    2. Wipe down
    3. Clay bar
    4. Wipe down
    5. Gold class liquid wax
    6. Wipedown

I know there is alot more I could have done but wasn’t sure what I should use on the car considering it’s darker and ive only bought silver cars before this one. I am afraid to get swirl marks in the car and they would show up easily on a car like this. But my problem is it’s only been three weeks and I am seeing the scratches that I thought I buffed out but they came back up again and the car just doesn’t look that good anymore just three weeks later. What do I need to do to keep the cars paint always looking wet and protected from the sun and snow what steps do I need to take to get there? Sorry for all the questions just trying to find out exactly what I need to do to keep my car at show quality. Here is a picture of what my car looks like this isnt my car but it looks identical to it.

Thanks,
    Ryan

P.S. I alwys wipe my car down with spray wax after each time I wash the car and also only use meguiars products on it. From what I have read here though meguiars isnt used to much by you guys. Trying now to go overbaord on spending either with car and one last thing what do I use to wax my wheels they look dull already?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: which car products best suits my car needs?

You're doing fine as-is. If you're happy with the results, that's all that matters. Meguiar's Gold Class is a fine, long lasting wax. I used it for years and was happy.

When it comes to mass market over the counter products, it would be very difficult to do better than Gold Class...it's very cost effective and gives a great looking finish.

For your wheels, Mequiar's Mag Wheel polish is outstanding stuff. I've not used any boutique product that is better, though there are equals.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    You're doing fine as-is. If you're happy with the results, that's all that matters. Meguiar's Gold Class is a fine, long lasting wax. I used it for years and was happy.

When it comes to mass market over the counter products, it would be very difficult to do better than Gold Class...it's very cost effective and gives a great looking finish.

For your wheels, Mequiar's Mag Wheel polish is outstanding stuff. I've not used any boutique product that is better, though there are equals.
    Ok great to know that meguiars really is good stuff. But isnt Mag wheel polish for mag wheels I have painted wheels or I mean powder coated wheels im assuming on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

you need to invest in a machine+polish kit. Look into a porter cable or Flex dual action polisher and some polishes, pads etc.

Post Thanks / Like

possibly the scratches that came back are new ones?? if your referring to swirl marks I mean

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Zaino products. Z-2 is awesome in my opinion and Guru Reports listed it as the best synthetic. however, they dont have a good swirl,etc, remover. i like Meg 105 and meg 205. i got that from another member on here and it has worked awesome. i have a black car so i know what you are going through. Menzerna also makes some awesome products that work great as well. if there is one thing i have learned form the experts on this site it is that there are alot of great products out there, you just need to use them and see for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Sig Series II Paste Wax will make those flakes pop. Try to polish or paintcleanse prior to its use for best results.