autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wax sealant wax

Post Thanks / Like

wax sealant wax

Hello
    first time to the forum and glad to be in. I would like to know if I put a sealant on my car can I put a finishing carnauba wax a few weeks after.
    regards

MICHEL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cuvette
    Hello
    first time to the forum and glad to be in. I would like to know if I put a sealant on my car can I put a finishing carnauba wax a few weeks after.
    regards

MICHEL
    Welcome:The answer to your question is yes,but you wont have to wait that long 24 -36 hrs is par for a sealant to cure. you can put carnauba over a sealant as a rule of thumb, but it isn't sugested to put sealant over a carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    what if when you let the car sit over night after applying sealant alot of dust forms on it. Should you re wash the car then apply the carnauba wax, or use something like a california duster to remove the dust ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98bmw323is
    what if when you let the car sit over night after applying sealant alot of dust forms on it. Should you re wash the car then apply the carnauba wax, or use something like a california duster to remove the dust ?
    i just use the CD or perhaps some QEW or something like it. The CD is my choice though b/c I am always paranoid of new wash swirls.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98bmw323is
    After sitting overnight, a "waterless wash" (QD that excels at cleaning) like Poorboy's Spray and Wipe or Chemical Guys Pro Detailer should be perfect for removing light dust.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a selant every time i detail my car (try every week wheather permitting) i use the DC wet-look i also would like to know if i can use the colour boost wax on it (in the states its colourX), so your saying its ok to wax after using a sealant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roaringlion
    I use a selant every time i detail my car (try every week wheather permitting) i use the DC wet-look i also would like to know if i can use the colour boost wax on it (in the states its colourX), so your saying its ok to wax after using a sealant?
    you can always use a "pure carnuba" over a sealant as a topper. You cannot however do it the otherway around as sealants do NOT like to adhere to oils. The product ColorX however is more like a cleaner wax (I believe it contains Kaolin like NXT) and thus would remove some or all of the sealant. You will need to move to P21S, Pinnacle Sig or Souveran, DP Max Wax, Poorboys Nattys, Megs 26, or even Mothers 100% carnuba paste.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    you can always use a "pure carnuba" over a sealant as a topper. You cannot however do it the otherway around as sealants do NOT like to adhere to oils. The product ColorX however is more like a cleaner wax (I believe it contains Kaolin like NXT) and thus would remove some or all of the sealant. You will need to move to P21S, Pinnacle Sig or Souveran, DP Max Wax, Poorboys Nattys, Megs 26, or even Mothers 100% carnuba paste.
    "Pure carnuba"? and why high tech yellow wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roaringlion
    "Pure carnuba"? and why high tech yellow wax?
    I use the term loosely, as they really is no way to spread pure carnuba on a finish. That said, the waxes I offered above have no cleaning ability and thus will enhance the look of the car without removing the sealant.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    I use the term loosely, as they really is no way to spread pure carnuba on a finish. That said, the waxes I offered above have no cleaning ability and thus will enhance the look of the car without removing the sealant.
    So you would recomend using megs (we in aus dont get the other products people have mentioned in here) carnuba and/or high tech yellow wax? what about NXT wax, could i use that over the top of the DC wet-look sealant?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast