autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning MCkees 360 from pads

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    So...I tried 360 for the first time today....using Griots BOSS orange and CG Hexlogic orange......and it seems like the 360 has permanently stained the pads......I can not get them clean. I have Griots pad/microfiber cleaner.....and it has worked great on every other product I've used these pads for, except this one. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?
    When you have a problem like this ,take the pad drench the whole top of the pad with dish soap.Then let it dwell for 10 to 15 minutes.Take pad put in sink run hot water over it.Then switch to warm and use a butter knife to gently scrape product out.Then wring out pad rinse throughout till soap is gone.may not work with the spider pad,but regular thin pro or flat pads this method work the best.you can try to pressure wash it out but not the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried McKees but have used Pinnacle XMT 360 and it does stain the white pads I used. Couldn't get them clean. I don't think it affected the pad performance afterwards. I've used HD Speed only with orange pads and no issues. Haven't tried HD Speed with any other color pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post
    Haven't tried McKees but have used Pinnacle XMT 360 and it does stain the white pads I used. Couldn't get them clean. I don't think it affected the pad performance afterwards. I've used HD Speed only with orange pads and no issues. Haven't tried HD Speed with any other color pad.
    Never had an issue with Speed either....am pretty unhappy about the pads....will wait and see how long the protection lasts before I harshly judge the product itself

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with staining, just shows that them bad boys are getting usedCleaning MCkees 360 from padsCleaning MCkees 360 from pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used both 360 and Hi Def today and holy cow... I could NOT get the product out of the pads. Soaked in Poorboys Tornado for awhile followed by WG Pad cleaner. I worked the face of the pads for an hour by hand and still had product in the pads. I don't care about the color stain, just want the pads free of product. That said-- wow, the 360 impressed me! Nice stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    I used both 360 and Hi Def today and holy cow... I could NOT get the product out of the pads. Soaked in Poorboys Tornado for awhile followed by WG Pad cleaner. I worked the face of the pads for an hour by hand and still had product in the pads. I don't care about the color stain, just want the pads free of product. That said-- wow, the 360 impressed me! Nice stuff.
    Pad cleaners will get some of the product out (I like using towel kleen 4:1 because it works equally well and costs 10x less)

That said after spraying towel kleen or a dedicated pad cleaner onto the pad and allowing it to soak for 10 minutes, massage against the side of the sink and squeeze out as much product as possible prior to rinsing. Then rinse all of the cleaner out with hot water.

The last and most important step is wrapping a cheap microfiber towel around the pad and squeezing the rest of the sealant out of the pad

This has always been extremely effective at getting 99% of the sealant out.

Not sure why ol' briarpatch is so upset about the pad being stained pink when the staining isn't a factor when it comes to performance of the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Its the red dye they use to make,it pink. They need to change colors, and maybe go with bacon scented instead of bubblegum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Pad cleaners will get some of the product out (I like using towel kleen 4:1 because it works equally well and costs 10x less)

That said after spraying towel kleen or a dedicated pad cleaner onto the pad and allowing it to soak for 10 minutes, massage against the side of the sink and squeeze out as much product as possible prior to rinsing. Then rinse all of the cleaner out with hot water.

The last and most important step is wrapping a cheap microfiber towel around the pad and squeezing the rest of the sealant out of the pad

Not sure why ol' briarpatch is so upset about the pad being stained pink when the staining isn't a factor when it comes to performance of the pad.
    Thanks. Funny thing, that's exactly the process I used minus the wrapping in a mf at the end. They're dry and soft now, but still loaded with product. I'm gonna give em some more time tonight and will try the mf trick. I also have some Towel Kleen. Maybe I'll try that this time. Thanks for the advise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

4 parts water : 1 part Towel Kleen, I assume?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    4 parts water : 1 part Towel Kleen, I assume?
    yep, 4 part water and 1 part towel kleen in a spray bottle. I spray it on pretty heavy. Towel Kleen is STRONG stuff. It's great at getting sealants out of Towels without leaving residue and i find that it's works in a similar fashion with pads. What it doesn't get out, the towel trick will. Wrap the towel around the pad and squeeze pretty hard. I won't use a stiff brush to clean residue off the face of foam pads because i dont want to damage the cell structure, but i have no problem squeezing the crap out of them.lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast