autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Car Wash Plus+

Many have come out with strong wash products recently: Chemical Guys, Adams, Turtle Wax, etc. But this Meguiars one really shows some promise because of the polishing agents. This definitely knocks down your LSP, took a once over applying it on the Proline sponge to kill Ultimate Fast Finish. Took two applications before Polymer Net Shield was hydrophilic and that's still faster than pulling the out the polisher and going over the paint with a light polish. Rinses cleanly, I wasn't able to check for any potential marring, but whatever abrasives in the formula have to be extremely light if it can't knock PNS down in one go.

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled this from the thread on MOL

Meguiar's Wash Plus+

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    How is this on paints that are softer? It would seem like it would have some induced marring on those softer paints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Winn View Post
    This was tested & designed on a wide variety of paints. With that said we of course cannot test for ever paint and situation. Since this product is best applied directly to the wash mitt, one of our Tips is to rinse the wash mitt with a blast from the hose to flush out dirt & contaminants, then re-apply the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murr1525 View Post
    This sounds like a wash that would need polishing/waxing after?
    Great point. There are many variables, but in general one application will not completely remove for example a polymer based wax like our Ultimate Wax, but it will knock it down pretty well, so yes, it would be recommended to follow with one of our protectants after an application.
    Quote Originally Posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
    Not only does it sound a little harsh. How often do you have to rinse your wash mitt. Before every application? or does it depend on the amount of dirt on the vehicle? After applying do you have to rinse vehicle?

Sorry for showing how far i am behind. Just trying to grasp all the new products, and technology.

Hi J.A, this is used like a normal car wash except without diluting the product with water in a bucket. For best results we would recommend rinsing your wash mitt just the same as when using a standard two bucket wash method. We would say that most users rinse their wash mitt prior to needing to retrieve more suds, so the same goes for Car Wash Plus +, when more product is needed on the wash mitt, rinse out with the hose first! Yes this product needs to be rinsed off the vehicle, just like a traditional car wash, it is not a water-less or rinse-less product.

Post Thanks / Like

And now another word from the peanut gallery...

I'm pretty sure there will be a place for this product. It will likely be in the "lazy man's, get it done quick segment". Yeah I know, I know, we all want that convenience but there's a couple of things in that video to question:

1) After the user did the pre-rinse to the car did you notice the surface looked totally clean?
    2) How is the surface so clean after only a pre-rinse?
    3) If you spray foam your surface, have you ever notice light traces of dirt is still left behind?
    4) Remember, when you see traces of dirt left behind after using a pre-soak foam how's the surface totally clean with only water?

This only leaves me with the real world conclusion that using this product means that you are mixing a soapy solution with dirt that's been left behind with very little water on the surface to assist in the removal of remaining dirt. Now I know that we don't use a lot of water when doing a WW or even an RW. However when doing WWs/RWs there is much more water/solution to assist in the removal of remaining dirt. If this product will remove scuff marks as it cleans then that would be like grinding abrasives into the surface without any lubrication.

Those of you who like the idea of this product will probably rip me for this but if your going to use it be careful.

Just my .02
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a decontamination product but they don't seem to market it that way. How many people will buy this as a normal wash and contually erode their LSP?

Might be a good booster for normal soap?

They dropped D114 for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's posted up the video for this. For those asking here you go.

id like to see what the front of that was mitt looked like after that first panel?

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled this from the thread on MOL

Meguiar's Wash Plus+
    i dont see what good it is if it strips your wax off, he says wash the mitt after every panel like you would with the two bucket method, thats fine but a two bucket method or traditional car wash soap doesn't strip the wax off your car, i think ill be skipping this one for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    And now another word from the peanut gallery...

I'm pretty sure there will be a place for this product. It will likely be in the "lazy man's, get it done quick segment". Yeah I know, I know, we all want that convenience but there's a couple of things in that video to question:

1) After the user did the pre-rinse to the car did you notice the surface looked totally clean?
    2) How is the surface so clean after only a pre-rinse?
    3) If you spray foam your surface, have you ever notice light traces of dirt is still left behind?
    4) Remember, when you see traces of dirt left behind after using a pre-soak foam how's the surface totally clean with only water?

This only leaves me with the real world conclusion that using this product means that you are mixing a soapy solution with dirt that's been left behind with very little water on the surface to assist in the removal of remaining dirt. Now I know that we don't use a lot of water when doing a WW or even an RW. However when doing WWs/RWs there is much more water/solution to assist in the removal of remaining dirt. If this product will remove scuff marks as it cleans then that would be like grinding abrasives into the surface without any lubrication.

Those of you who like the idea of this product will probably rip me for this but if your going to use it be careful.

Just my .02
    they probably only put the abrasives in there to remove scuff marks because the new product was putting them in

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I could see myself using this product would be after a complete wash. I'd use it as a follow up wash to remove an old LSP.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Wash and polish at the same time! Top it with a sealant and easyMeguiar's Car Wash Plus+Meguiar's Car Wash Plus+....sounds interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Think of this on a really trashed vehicle. Wash with this and a nanoscrub mitt and hit it with hydro2 or the new Meg's aerosol "wax" and you've just washed, decon, "polished," and protected the vehicle in not much longer than a standard wash.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12