autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So who's brave enough to be the first to review this...

Seems like a bigger pain in the azz than a regular wash.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

applying it straight to the mitt instead of wash bucket where it will be diluted will probably affect the outcome since it says it will polish away light scuffs. this looks like a product that would work well as part of the paint decontamination process before polishing..

Post Thanks / Like

Self-Service car wash? You have a wash mitt and use the pressure sprayer to clean the mitt. I can't see doing a whole car this way, but maybe a quickie wash on the dirtiest parts? Or if your date is really short, you just clean her door below the window

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just thinking about the mechanics of this. So I have a mitt on one of my hands then pick up the hose and wet the mitt. Then set down the hose, pick up the bottle of the shampoo and squeeze some on the mitt, wash a panel, then set the bottle down and pick up the hose again, spray the mitt to rinse it out, then set the hose down and pick up the shampoo bottle again to squeeze some onto mitt, and so on...

It would be much easier to rinse the mitt in a bucket of water, which take the same amount of movement as a regular two bucket wash, so using this product will not save time or effort. The selling point has to be the abrasive in the soap, presuming that is what's in there.

Post Thanks / Like

When I started detailing over 35 years ago we didn't use the two bucket method, instead we put the soap straight on the mitt or what ever we had then wet it with a hose.
    When the mitt got dirty we simply rinsed it off and started again.
    Made for a quick wash.

This product could have a chance to work well using only one clean water bucket.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    applying it straight to the mitt instead of wash bucket where it will be diluted will probably affect the outcome since it says it will polish away light scuffs. this looks like a product that would work well as part of the paint decontamination process before polishing..
    That's what I was thinking too.

I would probably fill a bucket with water and grit guard to rinse the mitt, then proceed as recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    They spent the R&D time and money to make this but yet discontinue D114, LOL!
    I couldn't agree with you more. SMH. I'd like to see a video on how it works.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give it a go..but after winter breaks
    I have a kia I don't like lol

Post Thanks / Like

I got this and have tried it
    Works well at getting scratches out from under door handles when you scrub it like you would manually compounding/polishing.

It does take out scuffs and tar,bugs well
    I did 1 strip of product across MF wash mitt..Very foamy/lubricy...Did half car no dirty clinging onto mitt tenticals..
    I was curious if it would strip an old spray sealant with the abraisives....Again scrubbed hard doing cross hatch pattern as once would by correcting paint by hand..
    Rinsed off then sprayed again, beading gone...Next day it rained panel was beaded up...Wiped dry and sprayed with hose beaded up..

I'd be caution on soft dark paint..But so far it worked with out scratching for me when washing as one would normally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    I got this and have tried it
    Works well at getting scratches out from under door handles when you scrub it like you would manually compounding/polishing.

It does take out scuffs and tar,bugs well
    I did 1 strip of product across MF wash mitt..Very foamy/lubricy...Did half car no dirty clinging onto mitt tenticals..
    I was curious if it would strip an old spray sealant with the abraisives....Again scrubbed hard doing cross hatch pattern as once would by correcting paint by hand..
    Rinsed off then sprayed again, beading gone...Next day it rained panel was beaded up...Wiped dry and sprayed with hose beaded up..

I'd be caution on soft dark paint..But so far it worked with out scratching for me when washing as one would normally.

Thank you for sharing your experience of the product.

I'm still not sure what to think of it and how it would makes things easier. I suppose it comes in handy for the more stubborn stuff. Then again, I already have bug & tar remover, denatured alcohol, and other decon products.

Could just be that I've been exposed to the world of detailing, and not looking at it from the average consumer level. Wash? Here's a shampoo. Wax? We have paste & spray. Want to strip and start over? Use this.

Probably the same way I see the use & convenience of Dial for face, while cosmetologists feel there's more to facial care than just soap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast