autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help With Deciding on a Polish

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I would go with optimum hyper polish then optimium car wax keep it simple and easy.
    +1

Very versatile product.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    Magnetic gray metallic is great! A fairly hard paint in my experience with it. My wife's 2013 rav4 is this color and I just yesterday finished polishing with Menzerna 3800/black pad and sealing with WGDGPS. Only a few very minor swirls and mineral deposit etching after 3 years of daily driving with proper washing ( 99% Waterless or Rinseless) For the spot repairs I used FG400 and a LC orange flat pad ( white wasn't cutting it) and the mineral etching I had to used a yellow LC pad. I didn't have any success with the 3800/white pad removing and defects.

Since yours is already defect free I would say 3500 or 3800 topped with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant will give it great gloss!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Wow, the magnetic gray paint sure looks amazing. Those products gave it that wet look. Very nice. Thanks for the pictures!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it. I've determined it really comes down to technique and using the correct product for the condition of the paint. Looks like they all more or less perform the same and come down to opinion.

I decided to step back a bit, before purchasing the compound / polish products. Will first clay the paint to see the true condition of the paint after I'm done. Looking at proper lights to get now Came across the DIY led light stand.

Since this website had a sale today on the "german" products and I found a good promo code, I decided to go with for now:

• Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
    • Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Either the Menzerna 3500/3800 or optimum hyper polish looks like a good way to go. Trying to keep this reasonably priced. I can't believe how much the pads themselves cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fernie View Post
    Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it. I've determined it really comes down to technique and using the correct product for the condition of the paint. Looks like they all more or less perform the same and come down to opinion.

I decided to step back a bit, before purchasing the compound / polish products. Will first clay the paint to see the true condition of the paint after I'm done. Looking at proper lights to get now Came across the DIY led light stand.

Since this website had a sale today on the "german" products and I found a good promo code, I decided to go with for now:

• Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
    • Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Either the Menzerna 3500/3800 or optimum hyper polish looks like a good way to go. Trying to keep this reasonably priced. I can't believe how much the pads themselves cost.
    They have a different user experience too. I like polishes that wipe clean, and so far M205 wipes away easiest for me, and it doesn't hinder the bonding of a Meguiar's sealant or wax.

I can't say for sure but I Optimum might be similar.

The menzerna substrate is a pretty heavy, thick emulsion that requires me more effort than I like. However, it does a fantastic job.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123