autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's final touch, ultimate quick detailer, Xpress spray wax

So which do you prefer for a final wipe? I typically don't like a wax in my final wipe but if Xpress is that good I might got for it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg's final touch, ultimate quick detailer, Xpress spray wax

X-press is a nice product....BUT...I do find it attracts dust.

M135 is probably my favorite of the three on your list. I really like the scent and the gloss it delivers once the product sets. The only issue I have encountered is the gallon size (both gallons from AG) had some sort of sediment that had to be filtered (I use coffee filters) before transferring to a sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    X-press is a nice product....BUT...I do find it attracts dust.

M135 is probably my favorite of the three on your list. I really like the scent and the gloss it delivers once the product sets. The only issue I have encountered is the gallon size (both gallons from AG) had some sort of sediment that had to be filtered (I use coffee filters) before transferring to a sprayer.
    What kind of sprayers do you use? The Tolco Chemical Resistant Sprayers have a filter on the bottom of the hose.

Post Thanks / Like

This oddity is that of blended plumber's tape... My gallons are full of 'em. Weird stuff. I've heard some experienced similar issues with the OTC version; clogged sprayers. Not sure if the issue's been dealt with, never tried the bottle.

Cruz - If this is for your own vehicles, you might want to try Prima Hydro Wax As You Dry. An impressive product & very easy to use. It yields a warmer shine rather than the plastic reflection, even though it's a synthetic product. Has a pleasant tropical scent to boot. A bit expensive, but worth the consideration. Another good OTC alternative would be Eagle1 Wax As U Dry.

If this is for customers, then yeah, you can't beat the instant shine, ease of application, and price from X-press. This and Aquawax would make customers (and your wallet) happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently use final and have for about 6 months on customer cars. It has worked the best so far with the heat I live in but see Xpress brought up alot so wanted to see what other compare

Post Thanks / Like

megs x-press spray wax adds a little protection (at least till the next wash) and can be used on glass, trim, paint, etc,. the other two products (QD) have cleaners in them where as x-press spray wax does not. not to mention IME it's easy to use as well. i love the consumer version (UQW) and this is basically the same thing but offered in the detailer/pro line. btw, duragloss aquawax is awesome too!

Post Thanks / Like

while i don't agree with him on everything (not particularly in these videos) he brings up some good points about this product...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to hear from people who've used both Last Touch and D156 on which product leaves the paint looking better/glossier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I'd like to hear from people who've used both Last Touch and D156 on which product leaves the paint looking better/glossier.
    i've used a few gallons of last touch (years ago) and it works well on the cleaning aspect but doesn't really leave a slick finish. uqw/x-press spray wax (currently have a gallon) leaves a slicker/glossier finish and looks (also has hydrophobic properties) even better the next day. there are other products (fk425/oid) that work better in which i decided not to purchase LT it again.

you can dilute this to a QD and it will add some protection (aquawax) as well. duragloss products are under-rated...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i've used a few gallons of last touch (years ago) and it works well on the cleaning aspect but doesn't really leave a slick finish. uqw/x-press spray wax (currently have a gallon) leaves a slicker/glossier finish and looks (also has hydrophobic properties) even better the next day. there are other products (fk425/oid) that work better in which i decided not to purchase LT it again...
    Thanks. I've only used Last Touch once. It was at the Meguiars garage to wipe off some polish residue that a friend was having a hard time wiping off. I grabbed the bottle of Last Touch, sprayed the panel lightly and it wiped off so easily and smooth both of us just looked at each other and said "damn that worked great"! Lol. I was impressed, but I still have yet to buy some for myself.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast