autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogard vs Opticoat vs ToughSeal vs Ceramic Pro?

I had opticoat done on my car a couple of years ago by a Sydney detailer. I had the 4 layer spray done (and I suspect I know who you are looking at).

I haven't really taken good care of it but the car still shines bright red. However there are a few spots on the car (look like water spots) that I can't seem to get out through a normal wash. I blame myself for that.

I recently got a new car that I wanted to have done but wife wanted me to put the money to better use. So I went down the duragloss 105 + trackclaw layering path instead.

A mate recently had his car done by the detailer and loves it. However he was underwhelmed by the glass treatment. He said that nanolex beaded water much better.

PM me if you have any questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Does anyone know anything about Autogard which is about half the price of Ceramic Pro?

Cheers

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmillar82 View Post
    Saad, PM sent.

Anyone else had experience with any of these products?
    Any coating will provide superior protection/durability etc... over ANY "sealant". So my suggestion is to go with a coating, any coating really. The 4 layers of Opti Coat is BS. In fact, multiple layers will have a yellowing effect. All you need is 1 coat. Applied properly, and prep done right (which is the same for any protection/coating) Opti coat will be on as long as it isn't polished off. So how much is that worth to you? You can not expect to received a finish like that for chump change. How much is a regular detail in Sydney? The price for CQ Finest is about right, but it is not like Opti Coat and will wear away in a couple of years. So even if you pay the same price for Opti Coat, it is an amazing bargain. What you CAN do is have Gloss Coat applied and that should cost less but will need to repeat the process in 2.5/3 years. Do more research, understand what coatings provide so that you understand why you have to pay more. BUT! Reality is, that something like Opti Coat will SAVE you a lot of money. After the initial investment, if you learn to maintain the finish as per Optimum, you really don't need to spend more $$$. Just wash the car weekly or every 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

Regarding the wheel cleaner, below is a link to all the products available at Supercheap Auto here in Australia...

Would be interested to know if anything here will be as good as Sonax Full Effect...

Car Care - Supercheap Auto

Also, I'm guessing this will work fine as a drying cloth... I've never really used one before but I'm guessing you just mainly pat down the windows + sun roof?

SCA Microfibre Drying Towel - XL - Supercheap Auto

Cheers

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmillar82 View Post
    Hi guys,

Regarding the wheel cleaner, below is a link to all the products available at Supercheap Auto here in Australia...

Would be interested to know if anything here will be as good as Sonax Full Effect...

Car Care - Supercheap Auto

Also, I'm guessing this will work fine as a drying cloth... I've never really used one before but I'm guessing you just mainly pat down the windows + sun roof?

SCA Microfibre Drying Towel - XL - Supercheap Auto

Cheers
    What kind of car do you have and what color? i am asking because I am not sure why you'd need a super duty wheel cleaner. Are you driving a german sedan? The towel I am not familiar with, but you had someone post here who offered to help you with OCP. Ask him what towels he recommends. Wash mitt, drying towels and micro fiber towels should be the highest quality. That is how you swirl/scratch paint. Not sure I'd be purchasing towels from a place called "supercheap"

Post Thanks / Like

How you doing Thomas!?
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Good and you? For some reason I do not get notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    How you doing Thomas!?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123