autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sealing windows

Post Thanks / Like

Sealing windows

I see that alot of people use Klasse on windows, but I would rather use something that I have. I have tried AW and Rain Repel, and they both streaked, especially on the windsheild. If anyone has any techniques for curing this, please share. Maybe going over with water? Buffing more than usual?

I have DG 601 and 105 and have seen people using them. Do they streak and offer results that make the effor worth it? I also have the Collinite FleetWood cleaner/wax (#920 I believe) and WG sealant. Also, whats the best way to go about cleaning sealed windows? I always seem to get streaks unless I use SCG window cleaner, and I am sure that that would take off the sealant. Maybe it is my technique, but SCG is the only thing that has allowed me to acheive perfect windows with the rare success w/IG and AW.

Finally, I need a durable trim protectant/dressing. I have been using the Gummi Pfledge and it seems to just wash away and the trim looks horrid after wards with uneven darkness. I have DG marine protectant and 303, but have heard that 303 washes away as well. Can I count on the DG for my next detail? Also, can I layer tire dressings - ieL DG Marine protectant for a durable base and then a tire gel for gloss

Thanks. I have been holding out on asking about these, but glass and trim care are my weak points right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say go on an order the KAIO, it's great on windows, and non-pourous trim, and wheels, and paint, and the bathtub, and ... you get the picture.

For trim, I like 303 for most things, but when I went to work on my wifes jeep, the trim around the windows and the black plastic door handles were faded and chalky, protecting it wasn't going to be enough, I tried DG271 Rubber & Flat Black Dressing and was really impressed. It brought the color back and has faded back yet (after about 2 months).

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Klasse AIO on windows!
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use AW on my windows with no streaking. It is my guess that you are using too much?

Post Thanks / Like
    My favourites are Fireglaze and Glare with AW or Showroom gold after each wash to keep them looking invisible and slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried Collinite 845 on my windows with good results. Really the only complaint I could give so far is I get like a smudge in the middle of the windshield where the passenger wiper stops while it's raining. It's hard to describe. When it stops raining and dries up, you can't see it though. I don't remember having that with RainX. It's a very small thing though as it doesn't bother my vision, just a little annoying. But if the 845 will last longer than RainX, I think it'll be worth using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use RainX. I know many people say they don't like it, but I found a good way to apply it that doesn't leave any haze or residue and it lasts.

I apply the initial coat pretty heavy with a soft, cotton terry towel. I let that haze and I then add a thinner coat over the hazed first coat to ensure coverage. This also greatly aids in the removal. Once the second coat has hazed, I remove the residue buy wiping it with a microfiber. I have also found that blowing hot air on the window with my mouth making it fog before I wipe also helps.

So far, I have always had luck with this method. I have also found that KAIO doesn't last very long on the windwos and that it is a lot mroe expensive to buy that RainX is. I have also never had good luck with a wax or sealant on the front windshield. They work on the side and rear windwows, but they never do well on the front.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse SG is what I always use.

Post Thanks / Like
    All this and no talk of Aquapel? Used KAIO, KSG, and Rain-x before finding Aquapel. Been using it for years and found it best...FWIW

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually use Pooboy's PwS on all the windows of my details. Does a really good job at taking out water spots. I did two today that had been treated this way over 6 weeks ago and the windshield still sheeted water very nice.

It's nice to do the paint and glass all at the same time too.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast