autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's one product that has impressed you (lately)?

poorboys polish & sealant
    D156

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit.

A couple years back I was able to restore the headlights on my fathers Toyota Tacoma with the simple Meguiars Perfect Clarity kit. But after about a year or so the haze gradually returned and I was unable to restore them back using the same method.

This is what they returned to looking like. Ugly yellow haze that wouldn't restore using normL methods.

I had the Meguiars kit sitting on my shelf so I finally got around to testing it on these lights. This is what they looked like after the 2 sanding steps. [prior to polishing]

After polishing the finished results were a success. Sanding discs made all the difference and it was alot easier than I thought it would be. what's one product that has impressed you (lately)? [they look even better in person]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I just hit a few panels on my S4 with McKee's 37 new SiO2 formula paint coating and must say I'm VERY impressed. I'm experienced with their previous formula and liked it a lot. I'm also a big Cquartz and 22PLe user but must say, if the long term 37's new coating is better than the previous and rivals the others, I'll be a full-on convert for all my coating work. I'll be putting up a full review once I re-do my wife's van fully in the coming weeks.
    What did you like about the new McKee's compared to the others? I would assume, since you just used it, it has to do with the application?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Bug and Smudge Remover!

A good client of mine had his BMW 335i and brand new Jeep SRT8 sprayed with something while they were parked in a storage area. Apparently they were doing some construction on the building and something got sprayed onto the vehicles but no idea what it was. On initial inspection I tried MDR, 3M adhesive remover, TarX, and clay. Claying was the only thing that worked, but very slowly. The BMW was booked about a month out (I worked on it last weekend) and during that time the owner happened to try this product on his own and he said it seemed to work pretty well. While I didn't have this particular Griot's product on hand, I figured one of my other bug removers or solvents would work just as well....wrong!

On top of the above mentioned products I also tried Mineral Spirits, Bug Squash, IronX, and Spotless, all of which were ineffective on removing the over spray. Luckily, Jeff Brown lives real close to me and he was able to hook me up with some of this Bug and Smudge Remover super last minute and it worked like a champ. Turns out it's actually a non-solvent special blend of surfactants and I was definitely impressed after all the other products failed to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave drying towel. Believe the hype! It's for real.

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus concentrate. I added 1 oz to 3 gallons of water for a rinseless wash (usually use ONR for rinseless) and used Optimum Car Wax as a drying aid. Extremely pleased with the results.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223