autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What sealant/wax has gotten you the longest protection (except coatings)

HD Speed with Poxy gets me through the winter
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    Just curious what sealant or wax
    has gotten you the longest protection
    from the environment

along with beading performance.
    OK...

•That's kinda like:
    -trying to choose between
    reality and madness;
    -being forced to recognize that
    inhumanity abounds;
    -either sadness or euphoria.

Here's three Sealants that, IMO:
    Coexists with that insanity:

3M Performance Finish Synthetic Wax 16 oz , 3m 39030

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, paint sealant, liquid wax, paint sealer, car wax sealant

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    FK1000p, DG 601/105, Polymer Net Shield. I have pretty much exclusively been using PNS and refreshing it with Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Sheds water/dirt just as good as a coating, IMO. I don't know why more people don't talk about how good of a LSP topper BSD is. It's not just a quick detailer at all. You can catch a bottle of it for like 10 bucks with sales too. It's so great.
    Ever since we used these products on the Ridler Competition Ready episode, I've been dying to try them out on my own vehicles. I just need to burn down some of my inventory of 845 first.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 476

I want to try FK 1000, but haven't yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Ever since we used these products on the Ridler Competition Ready episode, I've been dying to try them out on my own vehicles. I just need to burn down some of my inventory of 845 first.
    That's exactly why I got a few of them... and I have not been disappointed!

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to hi Jack your thread but what is this BSD you speak of, sounds interesting?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ev_g35 View Post
    Not trying to hi Jack your thread but what is this BSD you speak of, sounds interesting?
    SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer, quick detailer, detail spray
    2015 Audi //S4 (Ibis White)
    1995 BMW ///M3 (Alpine White)

Post Thanks / Like

BSD seems like another mislabeled product to me. I use it as a final wipe down after washing white vehicles. More of a high quality spray wax than a detail spray. I like the product.

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct - BSD IS a spray wax no matter what they call it. I get at least a month out of all sealants and waxes I try. That is because I seldom go over a month without trying something else. I love rubbing on my car so I try something new quite often. Both a hobby and, in a way, personal therapy. I've had a Mercedes for four years now and during that time I have treated it like a garage queen. For protection and looks I used the following (each one on several occasions): Griot's Premium Wax; DP Poli-Coat; Duragloss 111; Duragloss 105 (both with bonding agent); Sonax PNS; Optimum Car Wax; Wolfgang Spritz; Collinite 845 and a few others I have forgotten. In my closet is FK1000P which will be tried next month. I can recommend them all for good protection of up to a month. After that, I have no idea what they'll do. But since every one is a quality product, my guess is they will perform well for much, much longer.

BTW, on my "Diamond White" paint I find the best shine comes from Sonax PNS and Duragloss 111. However, both are sort of antiseptic, ie, candy apple in shine. Optimum Car Wax on the other hand gives it a somewhat darker hue. 845 is similar to the Duragloss but also a little richer and at the same time more "slippery" looking. Someone once described 845 as "plastic" looking and that is about right.

What I have decided to do sometime this summer and after I try my FK wax, is use PNS after a real good prep (always use P21S Paintworks Cleanser when you do this). I will give it two coats for even coverage. Then, after every other wash (about every two weeks or so) I will give it a "topper" of BSD. And I will do that without adding further products or experimenting with anything else for one year. I am hoping that doing this will end up just as good for my car as all the other stuff I have done and used over the past four years.

Post Thanks / Like

How would you compare the bsd to d156. That is what I currently use, would it be worth the swap? Only reason I ask is my gallon of d156 is almost gone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast