autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: clear bra

Post Thanks / Like

Re: clear bra

Well just an update. After screwing up the first piece, I gave the other side a try.
    There are 2 sides to this bumper if you are wondering what i am talking about.
    To my surprise i had it almost perfect. Somehow a small piece of dirt got in it which i think i could have lived with.
    But on the top i had 2 small bubbles that just wouldnt stay down. I kept pushing them down and holding but after a few min they would just keep coming back. After 2 days it was bothering me so i took it off.
    I had bought the insurance so i decided to give it one more shot. It should be coming next week sometime.
    Does anyone have any tips for me in case i run into the same issue of a bubble i cant get to stay down?

Post Thanks / Like

We're the bubbles along an edge or more towards the middle of a panel. If they were in the middle go to your drug store and get some syringe with the smallest needle size possible and suck the water and air out of the bubble

Post Thanks / Like

If you are having issues with bubbles you can spray a mix of IPA and water. This will help promote the adhesion of the film to the surface. I would on use that in those areas.

Are your using and installation gel to spray on the surface and then laying the film down?
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    We're the bubbles along an edge or more towards the middle of a panel. If they were in the middle go to your drug store and get some syringe with the smallest needle size possible and suck the water and air out of the bubble
    well the ones i am talking about were on the top. basically on the edge. I guess you would probably call them
    fingers not bubbles. They really weren't big either, they were small but just wouldn't stay down even with the alcohol. I did also have some small bubbles in the middle that i just couldn't push out because the outer edges were i guess to dry.I was assuming they would evaporate but not sure. Like i said i took it off a couple days later but trying to get ideas or tips in case i run into the same problem when i get the new ppf.

Post Thanks / Like

If they are on the edge take you squeegee wrapped in a mf towel and that should help with the edges and the other that you can't push out use the syringe way

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for your help. I will let you know how i make out when i get the new ppf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    If they are on the edge take you squeegee wrapped in a mf towel and that should help with the edges and the other that you can't push out use the syringe way
    so i did what you told me to do. i went and got a syringe for some of the bubbles inside. it worked well, thanks.
    i am pretty happy with the results the only thing is on one of the edges there seems to be a very small finger that keeps popping up. I tapped it down for a day or 2 but it started to come up again when i took the tape off.
    so i put the tape back on now for a few more days. so if this tiny finger doesnt stay down do you have any suggestions? I would think cutting the film a little shorter but am afraid i will cut the car with the razor.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

In my case a "finger" on an edge was a raised wrinkle, too much material to lay flat. I brought it back to the installer he took one look and said let's set an appointment for a redo. He knew he wasn't going to be able to "shrink" it. I was aggravated at the time involved but glad the installer took responsibility to make it right without any argument.

I had a bubble or two that took a long time after the redo to go flat. My car doesn't get much sun it's garage parked at home and work. I had to purposely leave it facing the sun for several days to evaporate the bubbles I had.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123