autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Armor All Products ?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes !

11 16.67%
  • No !!...

50 75.76%
  • I Don't Know...

5 7.58%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: armor all products,

Its the money im paying and how good they do. They are not that great and are pretty expensive if you ask me and then also factor in the greasy look and feel and you have time wasted
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

in a pinch the AA tire foam will do on tires and wheel wells (make sure to wipe it down and even it out). so many other great options though. i love PERL (dilutable) and use it 1:1 on tires and 3:1 for engines/wheel wells...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh don't get me wrong. I still use Armor all and Turtle wax - but glass cleaner from AA only while with TW I use the oxy power out carpet cleaner. Good stuff :P Took a tea with milk spill right out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delegance Detailing View Post
    I have actually been to Dubai several times. I never really looked to see what detailing products were available there cause I was there due to military and government contracting. I have to say I definitely enjoyed my time there. So much to see so little time to see it! I would usually stay near Dubai International so typically I would stay at the Le Meridian hotel. They have a steakhouse there that was actually really good! Well good to me anyway lol.
    That is good haha. Le meridien near the Airport is a nice hotel. I agree about so much to see and so little time. Having lived here my whole life - there is still stuff I have to see and do and with other Emirates being a maximum of 1.5 hours drive away - the things to see and do increase dramatically.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with Armor All in my opinion. I use at least one of their products regularly despite having many products from autogeek and other places. I like their original protectant, but only on my tires. I recall having good results with their glass cleaner. I have some leather cleaner, tech(screen) wipes, carpet cleaner, and all purpose cleaner from them. Out of those I've only used the screen wipes so far and they worked well for cleaning dispiays in my cars. I'll eventually try out the other products I have. I suspect they'll work just fine for my needs. I have so many other similar products is the only reason I've yet to try them. The AA stuff was gifted to me a few months ago.

Did you mean Armor All or Turtle Wax waterless wash in the original post? I don't recall seeing either here in the US, so I asume that's something they onky market overseas.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally have never seen an Armor All waterless wash either, and I live in the same country as the OP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    I personally have never seen an Armor All waterless wash either, and I live in the same country as the OP.
    I went seaching and found tw has a waterless wash that mostly came up with retailers from the UK, so that's likely the product he mentioned.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Ummm they usually offer free shipping on orders over $150. Or I think you can use the code "ago" and it is a promo code for free shipping.

Now to the question why is armor all "bad?"
    Answer: Well for most people that want to not only enhance the look of their interior but also protect for years to come petrol solvent based products are not good for your VRP(vinyls rubbers plastics). Some Armor all products contain a lot of petrol solvent based silicones. Another reason why you do not want petrol solvent based products is because it also attracts dust. In recent years Armor all has updated their formulas on some of their products to be water based but not all of them. The quick way you can tell if it is solvent based is the product label will say "Contains Petroleum Distillates" and/or "Flammable." Another quick way you can usually tell if it is water based is if the product is milky. Petroleum based solvent products are clear looking. You're welcome!
    Thanks for the info, the tire dressing and foam/spray is definitely flammable, though the leather cleaner and conditioner spray is MILKY as you said...

LOL! I live where the OP lives...I once made a mistake of ordering HD speed and HD poxy along with Aerospace 303 ( one each). Shipping.... $247 , order amount $150 ish dollars.

Never again!

OP - pass by Ace Hardware (Dubai Festival City branch), plenty of Meguairs products to choose from. Once you use real products you will see why armor all is bad. I was an armor all guy till I learned about good products 2 years ago. You can also pass by Meguairs Middle East in Sharjah open daily from 9am - 4pm except Friday. Call them and tell them what you want and you can pick it up a couple days later once they bring it from their warehouse. Hell, it costs 40% less than Ace Hardware for any of the consumer line products and you can buy a lot of products from the Detailer/Professional line.

If you buy from Megs Middle east their prices are quite close to AG and Meguairs. Worth a shot. Make a nice list and drive down. My last order with them was about AED 800 ($217). All that from AGO would have also costed about AED 800 but shipping would be like 15 kg lol as I bought a gallon sizes. Shipping all that would cost another AED 1100 ($300). No thank you....
    Thanks again bro will definitely check out the ACE store in DFC next time am there coz the one over here in AD got a few car detailing products, and YES meguire's are sold over there for a PREMIUM price which is just absurd !!!...

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    This forum is owned by a competing company of Armor All, so you can connect the dots on that point.
    Awesome !!...

I am not sure if you have ever traveled overseas, but in a lot of places they do not carry the same products that we carry here in the CONUS. Due to the fact I am not exactly sure which armor all products they have I can not confirm which ones they do carry. Which is why I mentioned to check for the product label on each bottle. There is a lot to the rumor mill. I will say this. Depending how you look at chemistry and what you constitute a formula change or not will depend whether or not a formula has in fact changed. For example just cause it says water-based silicone doesn't necessarily mean the product is still safe and good for usage. There are about 30,000 different silicones all ranging from bad to good when it comes to applying them on our VRP.

Now I have been detailing for quite some time. I can tell a difference from a interior that was protected with AA for a few years vs a car that I have protected for a few years utilizing a higher quality product. I am not saying AA is completely bad and you should shun away from it. I am simply saying when putting things in perspective it is just like anything else in this world. You have higher quality brands and you have lower quality brands. Typically in this world you tend to get what you pay for.

Happy detailing
    You are right, especially when I said (or i guess i did) they follow a marketing trend over here in the UAE that makes most people WANT their products (and recently turtle wax) coz you can't find a lot of alternatives (unless you wanna dig for the REAL thing as per "emmjaygti")..

Oh don't get me wrong. I still use Armor all and Turtle wax - but glass cleaner from AA only while with TW I use the oxy power out carpet cleaner. Good stuff :P Took a tea with milk spill right out
    I too have the glass cleaner, but i don't use it except occasionally for glass interior, I can't use for glass exterior as it will create way too much haze to tolerate or even drive !

Trust me this stuff is great for glass:
    http://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-7846.../dp/B001PSN2LA
    go grab it from carrefour it's on the shelves just checked yesterday
    just don't go crazy and detail ur whole car with it or there comes the swirlies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Legumes View Post
    I went seaching and found tw has a waterless wash that mostly came up with retailers from the UK, so that's likely the product he mentioned.
    my bad, its wash and wax detailer (with carnuba)...

well done all !..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aliitp View Post
    Thanks for the info, the tire dressing and foam/spray is definitely flammable, though the leather cleaner and conditioner spray is MILKY as you said...

Thanks again bro will definitely check out the ACE store in DFC next time am there coz the one over here in AD got a few car detailing products, and YES meguire's are sold over there for a PREMIUM price which is just absurd !!!...

Awesome !!...

You are right, especially when I said (or i guess i did) they follow a marketing trend over here in the UAE that makes most people WANT their products (and recently turtle wax) coz you can't find a lot of alternatives (unless you wanna dig for the REAL thing as per "emmjaygti")..

I too have the glass cleaner, but i don't use it except occasionally for glass interior, I can't use for glass exterior as it will create way too much haze to tolerate or even drive !

Trust me this stuff is great for glass:
    go grab it from carrefour it's on the shelves just checked yesterday
    just don't go crazy and detail ur whole car with it or there comes the swirlies lol

my bad, its wash and wax detailer (with carnuba)...

well done all !..
    no links to competing products just to let you know if you aren't aware...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    For what its worth, I like most Armor All
    products, at least the ones I have tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Which Armor All products contain these petrol solvents?

Way too many urban legends abound about Armor All products.
    Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    There tire glaze is phenomenal,really last a
    long time with one application. probably the
    best I've seen and used.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadwell View Post
    Their wheel protectant was also rated very well..
    To the extent I decided to give it a whirl on some
    AMG mutispoke gloss blacks...

once dry it was relatively low gloss..
    it did keep dust at bay quite well

So they do have some good products
    when used on the correct application..
    Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    in a pinch the AA tire foam will do on tires and wheel wells
    Oh don't get me wrong.
    I still use Armor all and Turtle wax
    Quote Originally Posted by Legumes View Post
    Nothing wrong with Armor All in my opinion.
    I use at least one of their products regularly...

I recall having good results with their glass cleaner.
    I have some leather cleaner, tech(screen) wipes,
    carpet cleaner, and all purpose cleaner from them.
    As above:
    AA is still a major player in my detailing arsenal.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast