autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Mike Phillips

Re: You just can't beat the Flex 3401...

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

You can POWER through a detail;

I agree, that's my quote to explain the benefit to the 3401

With the FLEX 3401 you can power through a detail job -Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lehr View Post

I started detailing a few years ago when I received a poor paint job on my classic car.

I joined this forum ,took some good advice,bought everything I needed to wet sand,buff,polish,etc.

I bought a PC 7424,and the Flex 3401 and went to work. When it came to polishing I tried to use the PC,but I kept going back to the 3401.

Having never used a polishing machine ,I was amazed at the results I achieved with the 3401.I still use the PC for final polishes and waxing,but the 3401 is quite the work horse.

For all the people new to detailing and are wondering what machine to buy,the 3401 is worth the money IMHO.
    Great testimony for the FLEX 3401 and this forum. I remember when you first joined and the journey you've made from where you started to where you're at today. This kind of forum based relationship is very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post

Ron, I was specifically told grease

richy,

As a follow up I did ask Bob Eichelberg SPECIFICALLY about packing the head unit with grease.

His answer was NO. He said the nature of grease is as it gets hot it will find a way to escape where it's at and that means it would begin to seep out or even fling out of the head unit and all over the car you're working on.

So whoever gave you that advice, remember this answer into the future and perhaps be leery of any future advice they give you.

Just have to wonder where this type of information originates???

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post

Anymore word on the grease in the gears?
    See my reply to richy above.

The answer to the misinformation about adding or packing the head unit of a FLEX 3401 with grease is just that. Misinformation or bad advice.

From the President of FLEX Tools North America and a guy that's been in the TOOL BUSINESS all his life, there's no need to apply grease to the head unit/gears of the FLEX 3401 and it's a bad idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I agree, that's my quote to explain the benefit to the 3401

With the FLEX 3401 you can power through a detail job -Mike Phillips

Great testimony for the FLEX 3401 and this forum. I remember when you first joined and the journey you've made from where you started to where you're at today. This kind of forum based relationship is very rewarding.

richy,

As a follow up I did ask Bob Eichelberg SPECIFICALLY about packing the head unit with grease.

His answer was NO. He said the nature of grease is as it gets hot it will find a way to escape where it's at and that means it would begin to seep out or even fling out of the head unit and all over the car you're working on.

So whoever gave you that advice, remember this answer into the future and perhaps be leery of any future advice they give you.

Just have to wonder where this type of information originates???
    Mike, thanks for getting back to me and clearing this up. I believe it was a misunderstanding as the Flex people finally got back to Eric and clarified some things for me to try, including blowing any dust out of the brushes, etc. I am really looking forward to the new one coming out and hope it's substantially cooler than the current as that's the machine's ONLY fault as far as I'm concerned. I still love it, in spite of the heat. It would be better for the pads if it ran cooler and am looking forward to using a cooler running unit. Thanks again for the follow up.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I bought one...flex backing plates don`t work...

Mines gone with my along with my other generics. Got an open box Rupes 15 Mark11 deal on autopia. I got a new flex 3401 and Rupes mini. Done ...
    Hi
    I contacted the guy selling it on Aliexpress and he says that Flex original packing plates fit?
    Here I live, a Flex 3401 cost about $ 650, it's crazy! Therefore, the copy is interesting to me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678